Did the game receive some kind of crash-protection logout?

Im wondering because my game crashed 100%, so I spammed Alt+F4 In panic - this after having spammed all potions and attemption to move my character out of harms way. The game was so frozen solid that I had to ctrl+alt+delete and close application. Luckily I see that my character is still in beyond league - I was certain that crash killed my character and ruined my whole weekend.

Just wondering what exactly happens when the game freezes like this. Does alt+f4 work/register even if the game crashes? Any other stuff happening when such occurs? Or were I just extremely lucky? :P
In 1200 hours, this never happened to me (on different computers). If your client freezes/locks up frequently, I think it my be worthwhile to look for possible causes on your system. There may be an issue, or an incompatibility. Drivers (especially video, wireless, and sound), hard drive, memory -- I'd check on those first.

It's not a fundamental problem with the game. (Desync, yes. Client lockups, no.)
have you tried just pressing Esc and selecting Exit to log in screen?
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
I had the same thing happen with my current Beyond char.

Twice.

I desynced once into a large pack and the other time into the awful sword Beyonders, and then completely froze.

I was sure i would log in and see Standard league.
You are now Distinguished in Sailing!
Your ranking has gone up to Master in your archipelago!
_WUV_: The game froze 100%, as in - ABSOLUTELY FROZEN. Any action like Alt+F4, Escape did nothing. This was a client freeze/crash from my side. Not a desync or server issue.

Mivo: Im not sure why my PC is having such hard problems with PoE. Normally playing in itself (combat in zones) goes smooth. What does happen is that loading screens takes FOREVER same with loading into the game, launching PoE for me usually takes atleast 5 minutes. I also frequently disconnect while TPing to towns especially Sarn.

My processor is:
Inter(R) Core(TM) i7CPU 930@ 2.8GHz 2.80GHz

My Ram is 4GB
My video card is AMD Radeon HD 7800 series
My harddrives are 5 years old, and Ive never reinstalled windows

What here needs the most upgrade? Someone in chat said my problem is most likely harddrives due to the loading taking so long (His tip was get an SSD)

As for my main question if it wasnt clear:

What exactly happens when your game freezes or crashes from the client side.

- Does the POE server register it and log you out to safety?
- Is there an X seconds with no client side information or action taken, that triggers logout?
- Will unplugging your cable help log you out faster if your game freezes?
- What ways to save your HC character when a freeze/crash on client side occurs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info