Random generated uniques - New Rarity

Ropumar, double-edged items don't work with random generated mods, because for most combinations, there will always be a build that abuses the bonuses and ignores the drawbacks.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Aug 31, 2014, 9:00:38 PM
"
Nurvus wrote:
Ropumar, double-edged items don't work with random generated mods, because for most combinations, there will always be a build that abuses the bonuses and ignores the drawbacks.

The idea, would be they arent linked as 1bonus equal the same drawback always. But off course the combo INCREASED WEAPON DMG and REDUCE SPELL DMG, wouldnt be possible.

And the point isnt making those generic increases% also. Is giving random items, properties like uniques.

Examples would be:

Gems in this item has blood magic lv 20.
Spell dogde.
Mind Over Matter.
Converts physical dmg.
Converts elemental dmg to physical.
Fire damage can shock but not ignite.
1% Spell dmg are increased by each 10 dextery.
the possibilities for non-generic unique like properties that could appear on double-edge items would be endless.

And instead of player wating for new uniques to be made(by rich players), the RNG gods would make every unique item we need. And they would be indeed unique, no other double-edge item would ever be same (since no eternals on them, no master craft and no mirror)

Really powerful properties would also, require 2 drawbacks, thus making they balanced even if they are random. Also, the item would be very rare, if some build would be able to abuse a combination, the chances of finding a double-edge item that had that exactly combination and also the rare properties wasnt garbage would be incredible low, so low, item would be more valuable than mirror items, which are already broken.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Last edited by ropumar on Sep 2, 2014, 6:38:57 PM
bump for tittle change
Orb of blessing and divine orbs would affect these random generated unique effects? or..??
Cause if you manage to diminish the downside part...
"
B34C0N wrote:
Orb of blessing and divine orbs would affect these random generated unique effects? or..??
Cause if you manage to diminish the downside part...

Yes, they would work. GGG Balancing properties as to make the lower tier of the downside high enough is essential and is part of what balancing is and what we should expect of GGG if this mechanic was implemented correctly.
I had once the idea of adding "Cursed" items to the game, but I'm not sure it's a good idea anymore.

Randomly generated items with good and bad mods will ALWAYS suffer one huge problem:

There will be builds that abuse the benefits and/or aren't affected by the penalties, and either you
a) balance the items around that, which makes the items useless to every other build
OR
b) balance the items in general, which makes the items OP for those specific builds

It's a lose-lose situation.
"
Nurvus wrote:
I had once the idea of adding "Cursed" items to the game, but I'm not sure it's a good idea anymore.

Randomly generated items with good and bad mods will ALWAYS suffer one huge problem:

There will be builds that abuse the benefits and/or aren't affected by the penalties, and either you
a) balance the items around that, which makes the items useless to every other build
OR
b) balance the items in general, which makes the items OP for those specific builds

Cause mirror items aren't OP?

Like I said, getting a item OP from the randomness and the very low drop rate, could be equally as hard as find a mirror if GGG wants and implements as so.

It all depends on what GGG would want, and how good they are on balancing it.

The idea is sound.
Last edited by ropumar on Oct 20, 2014, 5:02:57 PM
"
ropumar wrote:
"
Nurvus wrote:

OR

Like I said, getting a item OP from the randomness and the very low drop rate, could be equally as hard as find a mirror if GGG wants and implements as so.

The idea is sound.

I guess as long as GGG balances the drop rate well enough, we could also have a skill gem that kills every enemy on screen.

The idea is sound.

Yeah I don't think so either.
Last edited by Nurvus on Oct 20, 2014, 7:27:29 PM
"
Nurvus wrote:
"
ropumar wrote:
"
Nurvus wrote:

OR

The idea is sound.

I guess as long as GGG balances the drop rate well enough, we could also have a skill gem that kills every enemy on screen.

The idea is sound.

Yeah I don't think so either.

What a poor attempt at a counter argument, please try harder next time.
The joke is bad.
I'm in favor of the idea if it is implemented correctly. Needs a good balance tho, since these are defying the current uniques effects. Players may try to adopt these as their children instead of the real uniques.

Any thoughts about what i posted above or i am missing something that i should evaluate deeper?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info