Random generated uniques - New Rarity

changed tittle of thread and added more text so people understand better the idea.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
I dont know, I like the idea better if there is some link between the positive and negative stats, otherwise there's just going to be a whole lot of junk with a select few items that are comparable to rares, and only viable for certain builds.

Really there should be some negative modifiers that have a rare to very rare chance to roll, but they boost the stats of the other mods on the item. Maybe they're introduced at itemlvl 70 or something, so the people who get them are well acquainted with the game already.
"
Zaburino wrote:
I dont know, I like the idea better if there is some link between the positive and negative stats, otherwise there's just going to be a whole lot of junk with a select few items that are comparable to rares, and only viable for certain builds.

Really there should be some negative modifiers that have a rare to very rare chance to roll, but they boost the stats of the other mods on the item. Maybe they're introduced at itemlvl 70 or something, so the people who get them are well acquainted with the game already.

But this is the point of the randomness, some items would be great cause of synergy, some for a few builds, some wouldn't work very much together, would add more loot variety that is the whole point.

I think the idea of being a rare modifier on the already a rare rarity is a valid idea, I still prefer a whole new type of rarity, since would help identify the fact that it has a negative modifier and people would be able to distinguish between then.

I still think this is a good idea, and will introduce build and item variety.
Double edge items would be awesome
bump
bump
General response to suggestions:
1 - How is that any different from <insert existing mechanic>?
2 - Answer your own question with obvious facts.
3 - Look stupid
4 - Defend your point against all reason anyway.
---

Imo this isn't a bad idea per se, but the items would need to be somewhat less random than Rares, and absolutely should NOT replace rares (as in, making rares useless).

Here's my counter-proposal.

Rares that only have 4 properties can be upgraded to <insert suggested type name> with a certain Orb.
This means instead of 2 additional Rare Properties, you get 1 "awesome" and 1 "penalty".

This should be such that it is a choice, rather than obviously better.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Sep 8, 2013, 3:53:40 PM
bumping.
"
ropumar wrote:
"
Zaburino wrote:

But this is the point of the randomness, some items would be great cause of synergy, some for a few builds, some wouldn't work very much together, would add more loot variety that is the whole point.

I think the idea of being a rare modifier on the already a rare rarity is a valid idea, I still prefer a whole new type of rarity, since would help identify the fact that it has a negative modifier and people would be able to distinguish between then.

strength and drawbacks need to be linked becouse otherwise this will trhow the balance out of the window, if we could get a weapon with "insert huge" increased dmg with the penalty being "insert huge" reduced spell dmg then is quite clear that such weapon will be beyond broken.

now if the increase where to be linked to say 80% less attack speed then it makes sense, you get a nich weapon that deals super high damage at the cost of lower overall damage over time.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info