Life regen affix and damage reflect still underpowered?

Just looking at unique builds to theorycraft, and my eyes glanced over the new damage reflect notable (Wall of Thorns, in between Ranger and Shadow starts) and thought of combining it with some high life regeneration. Problem is, the only decent life regeneration comes from passives (that are very far away from Wall of Thorns) or very specific uniques - the magic/rare affix on items can only grant a measly total of 70 life regen per second, even if every single piece of gear you have is ilvl78+ and has the highest life regen affix possible. Vitality only grants ~1.5% life regen per second, and Rejuvenation Totem ~90/sec.

The damage reflect from Ev/ES shields also seems poor; and am I correct in assuming it doesn't work with %IPD and life leech? I'm guessing the new passives and Punishment curse don't either. Combine this with the fact that if you're Ev-based, you won't be getting hit as often, so the returned damage from the shield won't be as effective as an Armour-based build. Nor does it work against ranged attacks or spells.

I think the recent changes in Forsaken Masters have been AMAZING, but I'm surprised that some affixes and passives are still so useless.

What are your thoughts? Does anyone have a build that challenges these claims?
Not sure about the passivs, a few of them are quite good now, I can't really think of one without a use.

Affixes though... yes they are still useless. Since Thorns-Damage doesn't scale in any meaningful way it would be hard to make something useful out of it, exspecially since it requires you to get hit, cool for super fast hitters... bad for anything else.

And Life-Reg is underwhelming too. If you could reach meaningful values it would be ok, but I think about 7 Life/sec is the max, for a good HP build that equals about 0,1 to 0,2% total life.
"
Emphasy wrote:
Not sure about the passivs, a few of them are quite good now, I can't really think of one without a use.

I'm specifically talking about damage reflect passives. It's cool that they added them, but it's 15% total reflect, which is very little considering that monster damage, reduced by your mitigation (armour/charges/AA), then reflected without any increased damage, then reduced again by the monsters' mitigation. And monsters don't do much damage compared to their HP in the first place.

"
Emphasy wrote:
Affixes though... yes they are still useless. Since Thorns-Damage doesn't scale in any meaningful way it would be hard to make something useful out of it, exspecially since it requires you to get hit, cool for super fast hitters... bad for anything else.

Agreed.

"
Emphasy wrote:
And Life-Reg is underwhelming too. If you could reach meaningful values it would be ok, but I think about 7 Life/sec is the max, for a good HP build that equals about 0,1 to 0,2% total life.

Agreed again. 7 is the absolutely maximum amount of regen per item piece, and that requires a whopping ilvl 78. So 70 regen/sec if you get the absolute maximum on every single piece of gear. At level 78 you'd want at least 4k hp (most likely more), so 70 regen/sec is equal to 1.75% hp regen. WOOOOWWWW so great...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info