Question about summoner/pet class.

After playing D3 for a while, I've found out that the game is very limited in terms of what you can do, specially with pets, however I had some fun with Zuni+SMK for a while, time to move on, 2.1 didn't fix it, actually it made it worse for Zoo WD's.

Anyway, I saw some videos about how the pet class works in PoE, and it seems promising, at least it seems to have more depth and variety, or at least that's what I think.

I want to make a new pet class, this means, I want to watch my pets go wild and kill stuff, not me, my pets.

Also, since I will be playing with 200+ms of constant latency, I'd like to know if a pet class would "fix" this, with this I mean, that since pets are doing the damage and not me, I wont notice any delay between the swing of the punch and the damage/hit animation.

I've read somewhere that witch are the best class for pets, do you have any plans or guides of that?.

Thanks.
"
SawLight wrote:
After playing D3 for a while, I've found out that the game is very limited in terms of what you can do, specially with pets, however I had some fun with Zuni+SMK for a while, time to move on, 2.1 didn't fix it, actually it made it worse for Zoo WD's.

Anyway, I saw some videos about how the pet class works in PoE, and it seems promising, at least it seems to have more depth and variety, or at least that's what I think.

I want to make a new pet class, this means, I want to watch my pets go wild and kill stuff, not me, my pets.

Also, since I will be playing with 200+ms of constant latency, I'd like to know if a pet class would "fix" this, with this I mean, that since pets are doing the damage and not me, I wont notice any delay between the swing of the punch and the damage/hit animation.

I've read somewhere that witch are the best class for pets, do you have any plans or guides of that?.

Thanks.

the witch is a good start for it because her quest rewards give most of the pets that fit your description.

however the scion has better node efficiency and a better start location given that you *have* the gems already.

from what i can tell is you want a build where you dont have to recast minion all the time , and that is not really all that viable in the current game given how elemental damage works in the late late.

however there are links to some permanent minion builds in which you grab necro aegis and some aura nodes and try to build tanky zombies and specters , they are pretty good.

unfortunately i no longer can remember where i put all my builds and guides , some of which i lost access to ... oops . so cant help you there

i should clarify when i said not viable , i just mean for super late end game , for areas lower than say ilevel 76 minions are fine in any way you want
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 30, 2014, 11:55:21 PM
"
SawLight wrote:

Thanks.

The best advice that I can give to you is to go to the Witch forums and ask for a good pet build. I have one thread bookmarked that I will supply a link to it.

It is called The Spectral Gods summoner and is updated for Forsaken Masters. My Brother likes that build although he is gonna try using Summon Raging Spirits instead of using Summon Spectre. But you might opt to go the route of using spectres because then the only thing you are doing IIRC is cursing and using any mobility skill to move around along with possibly reposition the group of minions. Below is the link to the thread that covers the build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940/page/1
Yeh zombie - skeletons - spectre build can go play maps but will have hard time on 74 and up imo.
Need to skip half the bosses too.

SRS on the other hand is a metabuild and with the right gear it fucks up everything
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Earthslug wrote:
Yeh zombie - skeletons - spectre build can go play maps but will have hard time on 74 and up imo.
Need to skip half the bosses too.

true
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
The problem you face with attacks not hitting is aiming the ground. In this game, in order to prevent things like speedhacks and duping, is quite strict on client synchronisation. When playing most builds, you want to be aiming mobs, not at the ground in the direction of a mob. Also you want to bind a key or mouse button to: *enter*/oos*enter*
I see, so if I want end game viability the only option for a summoner class would be SRS?, can they both coexist?.

Sorry I'm new to PoE, I don't like the idea of making mistakes and then having to start from scratch again.
SRS builds are summoners in name only. They are more like spell caster than a summoner. And they take different nodes.
"
SawLight wrote:
I see, so if I want end game viability the only option for a summoner class would be SRS?, can they both coexist?.

Sorry I'm new to PoE, I don't like the idea of making mistakes and then having to start from scratch again.

Both "end game" and "viable" means different things to different people. I can kill courtyard bosses with just Zombies, Spectres and a Guardian but not Palace; I think that's qualifies as "viable enough".

If you're new and don't want to learn things by trying your best bet is probably to look for guides that include videoes so you can see if the play style is actually what you're looking for.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Aug 31, 2014, 2:10:19 PM
"
Mokihiki wrote:
"
SawLight wrote:

Both "end game" and "viable" means different things to different people. I can kill courtyard bosses with just Zombies, Spectres and a Guardian but not Palace; I think that's qualities as "viable enough".

If you're new and don't want to learn things by trying your best bet is probably to look for guides that include videoes so you can see if the play style is actually what you're looking for.

yeah it is a bit confusing , i suppose viable then would be able to do 95% of the content ie maps up to lets say 74

end game worthy does everything

summoners are viable.

but is that really fair? i mean it is not the summoners fault that poe is experiencing power creep is it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info