Why the heck does the Nemesis map mod cost 2 exalted?

Can someone help me understand why 2 exalted is a fair price for this mod? It seems like an unbelievable waste of currency either from a map drop or loot perspective.

Anyone trying to run this mod regularly and having any success making that currency back in either map drops or loot?
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Can drop the league specific nemesis uniques. It also makes every pack have a rare enemy with a nemesis mod(so significantly increase rare enemy numbers).
All leagues by zana are modifications of original.
AFAIK Zanas' Nemesis has a rare in EVERY PACK, and they come with a nemesis mod ofc (higer chance for Inner Treasure).
Oh and supposedly these special leagues can drop uniques tied to the league
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 30, 2014, 9:53:46 PM
Is Headhunter worth that much more than the other league-specific uniques that it justifies the price increase?

And I don't know about you guys, but I've never gotten a unique worth more than 5 chaos from an Inner Treasure rare. I'd think that if you ran 50 Nemesis maps, your odds of getting a top tier unique would be far below 100%, but for 100 ex you can buy more or less whatever you want.
only problem is that since that item is legacy, even though you have that 100ex, you wouldn't be able to buy it. Since well, it's legacy.

But to be honest, i agree with you.

I would rather wait until someone gets that legacy unique drop from Zana's map (not sure which one though because I usually don't use them) and pay 100 exalt to buy that.

Also 2 ex is too expensive... i agree with that too. maybe 1ex?

Did everysingle people found Crown of Eyes, Shavs, Koams back in Nemesis? Not that i remember of.... Did we find inner treasure rare everysingle map we ran? Not that I remember of as well.

The chances of finding inner treasure is rare enough :( Not to mention the specific unique.
Last edited by greensunggwa on Aug 30, 2014, 10:39:58 PM
Well I'm always telling my kids not to knock things without trying them. SOoooooooooooooo... here goes nothing. For science.

And yeah. Predictably, that yielded nothing meaningful. A single 74 map drop and no sellable loot. It's a great way to light your exalts on fire and not much else, I think.

The "feel" of the map, both in terms of difficulty and reward, was not much different from a decent +40% ish rare roll.

Keep on trollin, GGG.
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 30, 2014, 11:46:15 PM
I wonder, why would anybody roll a Domination map just to drop the Gull :P
It's most likely not worth running without an all out IIR Culler.
Remember these are the same leagues that drop Taming's components...
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info