Strongboxes: When will I ever learn

I played domination then standard for the last few months. Strongboxes are new to me.
I identify them, blast a rumi's granite flask, open it, and immediately hit my lightning warp to the other side of the screen. Nope, computer freezes up, I'm dead. I don't want to hear that my computer sucks, because people with good computers complain about the same thing.
I beat the boss in a colonnade map no problem, yet a stupid strong box is enough to bring me down.
The animations of spawning everything on the screen are too much for pretty much everyone's computer.
I think maybe I did get a divine or something from one, so it's enough to get me to take the risk apparently. I need to resist that temptation and just skip over game content that was meant to be played, but is unplayable. Did anyone even test those things before they released them?

"
Xaxarius wrote:
I don't want to hear that my computer sucks, because people with good computers complain about the same thing.

Having good hardware does not nullify the option of fucking up the software aka drivers or the game files.
If you don't have an SSD, install the game on a ramdisk, and it will negate the game freezes associated with loading assets.
"
Xaxarius wrote:
I played domination then standard for the last few months. Strongboxes are new to me.
I identify them, blast a rumi's granite flask, open it, and immediately hit my lightning warp to the other side of the screen. Nope, computer freezes up, I'm dead. I don't want to hear that my computer sucks, because people with good computers complain about the same thing.
I beat the boss in a colonnade map no problem, yet a stupid strong box is enough to bring me down.
The animations of spawning everything on the screen are too much for pretty much everyone's computer.
I think maybe I did get a divine or something from one, so it's enough to get me to take the risk apparently. I need to resist that temptation and just skip over game content that was meant to be played, but is unplayable. Did anyone even test those things before they released them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yYK3aMLxZc

I'll look into that ramdisk thing, because I have good PC parts but with old HDD.
I have never had any Strongbox freezes on my Desktop and I play on max settings. On the other hand, i definitely notice some Strongbox freezes on my shitty laptop. It can most definitely be a computer issue.

The other thing to think about that seems to help me a ton with strongboxes are that 1) You can Lightning Warp BEFORE you click the Box, then click it. Usually you get out without a scratch. The other thing: Decoy Totems. Seriously, Decoy Totems pretty much pull *every* enemy towards them the moment they spawn!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info