Long time loading

It takes a long time for the client to load about 2-3 minutes and when I change areas(not as long.)
I am not to good with computers so I don't really know what section to put this under, and what to do even after reading the rules of this forum area. The only reason I'm doing posting this is because my other game don't take this long to load, and when I uses to play POE it was faster to load the client but I'm not sure about the different areas.

my user name is Hinderrat and one of my characters is FMEKow.
I would be thankful the help.

P.S. Don't be afraid to say it is my computer.
We are a legion for we are many. No one shall stand in the way of the exiles of wraeclast.
So the load time is due to asset loading of resources into RAM.

The speed of this is based on your CPU speed, bus speed, and HDD speed.

If you have a mechanical HDD then that is probably the largest bottleneck for dataloading.

If you don't use Steam, you can use the GGPK Defrag application linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post to reduce the size and compress the files together for faster loading. You can also defrag the hard drive itself and it can speed things up.

Really, the best thing you need to make it faster is an SSD or RAMDisk (if you have enough RAM to support it... around 10GB to 12GB or so).

Also keep in mind that when looking at HDDs, you want to look at the transfer speeds, not just the rotation speed (7200RPM vs 5400RPM). The RPMs do make a difference, but the transfer rates make more of a difference. Also keep in mind that not all read/write are sequential, so you'll want to look at sequential as well as random read/write speeds for comparison.

Good luck.
Thank you for replying so fast.

I do use steam, but I don't know how to use it to defrag. I also do not know how to defrag the hard drive, Is there a program to do that for me?

I used the word search to look for RAM and actual found something that said "Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB I had (5.48 GB usable)" I don't know if that mean I've gone over the amount I should have, or if I have 5.48 GB to go. Either way I can't get those programs.

I could not find anything about HDD or RPM on my computer.

P.S. you can also tell me to go to a teck guy sense the problem is on my end.
We are a legion for we are many. No one shall stand in the way of the exiles of wraeclast.
If you use Steam, you're basically out of luck.

You don't have enough RAM for a RAMDisk. The only real solution at this point is to either get an SSD, or get more RAM so you had enough for a RAMDisk... even then, I'm not sure how well the Steam install would do with a RAMDisk... so probably an SSD is your only option.

You likely have an older mechanical hard drive that just has a slow transfer rate. It's not uncommon.. especially for older machines, and I'm assuming you have some "branded" PC by HP or Dell or something right?

So you're basically stuck with what you have unless you install an SSD and use that for PoE.

Good luck.
Thank you for the Information, have a nice day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info