Would this unique item be game breaking?

If this was added to the game would it be OP or otherwise game breaking?

(one handed sword) (Required level 75)

- 30% more cast speed
- 15% decreased damage
- 10% less damage
- 3% more cast speed for each white socket in equipped gear
- 40% increased mana regeneration
- 100% reduced attribute requirements

I think the decreased/less damage modifiers make up for the cast speed bonus, especially if dual wielding it. If not, what should the numbers be?
I dont think its game breaking due to the stats. I do think its game breaking due to increasing disparity between normal players and super rich players more so than we already have.

Generally speaking a normal player will not be able to corrupt their end game gear for white sockets while many top tier players could afford to buy up a number of good rare/uniques and stack sockets till its op.
Its a good idea I think just due to the way white sockets are obtained it would create a huge wealth gate to the item since all the power on this unique comes from wealth.
"
H4T3MONG3R wrote:
I dont think its game breaking due to the stats. I do think its game breaking due to increasing disparity between normal players and super rich players more so than we already have.

Generally speaking a normal player will not be able to corrupt their end game gear for white sockets while many top tier players could afford to buy up a number of good rare/uniques and stack sockets till its op.
Its a good idea I think just due to the way white sockets are obtained it would create a huge wealth gate to the item since all the power on this unique comes from wealth.

I was thinking since Tabula is fairly cheap this wouldn't be much of an issue, and I was kind of thinking the white sockets thing was a tiny addition, but maybe it should be blue sockets instead?
Maybe have the static cast speed a tad lower and have 1% spell dmg for nonwhite sockets.
That way the item still gets bonus for peeps who cant corrupt 20 shavs.
Would be nice to see a decent item that makes use of white sockets.

Not sure why there's any fears of this being overpowered lol.

The chance to roll a white socket on anything is very low, 2 white sockets on an item twice as unlikely as that and anymore than that verging on the impossible.

No one would be corrupting good gear to get a chance for 3% cast speed haha, especially shavs

Its not hard at all to get 2. I have got 3 on a 4link myself and have seen full white sockets.

I guess tabula does counter it somewhat but it does handicap the poorer player still as some people will gain 6 whites on other items easily and not have the downside of having to wear tabula rasha.
Point I was trying to make is that wealthy player have a huge advantage already and the game doesnt really need a unique that caters to that concept further. White sockets are a good idea I just think there should be some bonus for non white sockets. Maybe even lower the static cast speed to 15% and do 1% for blue socket and 3% for white sockets.
The dmg nerf + no spell dmg on it would counter the speed still.
They won't add something like this because GGG has already stated that they are unhappy with the sheer amount of attack and cast speed people can get because of how glitchy it can make the game. They added Echo as more of a fan service and a way to bring back casters in an attack dominated game, and they said they don't like the way that Multistrike was implemented. I can't find my source on this but I specifically remember seeing Chris himself write that he regrets allowing players to break certain thresholds of speed.

EDIT: As a speed fan myself, absolutely love the idea though.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Last edited by Duskbane on Aug 30, 2014, 8:32:17 PM
"
Duskbane wrote:
They won't add something like this because GGG has already stated that they are unhappy with the sheer amount of attack and cast speed people can get because of how glitchy it can make the game. They added Echo as more of a fan service and a way to bring back casters in an attack dominated game, and they said they don't like the way that Multistrike was implemented. I can't find my source on this but I specifically remember seeing Chris himself write that he regrets allowing players to break certain thresholds of speed.

EDIT: As a speed fan myself, absolutely love the idea though.

These are kind of my thoughts, I'm having so much fun with my freezing pulse build that gets 9.3 casts per second with vaal haste.

However I keep thinking "faster! faster!" xD
"
H4T3MONG3R wrote:

Its not hard at all to get 2. I have got 3 on a 4link myself and have seen full white sockets.

I guess tabula does counter it somewhat but it does handicap the poorer player still as some people will gain 6 whites on other items easily and not have the downside of having to wear tabula rasha.
Point I was trying to make is that wealthy player have a huge advantage already and the game doesnt really need a unique that caters to that concept further. White sockets are a good idea I just think there should be some bonus for non white sockets. Maybe even lower the static cast speed to 15% and do 1% for blue socket and 3% for white sockets.
The dmg nerf + no spell dmg on it would counter the speed still.

You got lucky.

It's still hard to get white sockets on items. And obviously if you corrupt a lot of items you are going to see white sockets eventually. Try corrupting 10 Alpha's and see how many times you get more than 1 white socket and i bet its hardly any compared to what you'd be expecting judging by your response.

People don't corrupt for white sockets specifically as far as i'm aware, atleast not very often and they're talking about corrupting items like shavs and godly rares.....no one is going to do that
"
arpgfan wrote:
If this was added to the game would it be OP or otherwise game breaking?

(one handed sword) (Required level 75)

- 30% more cast speed
- 15% decreased damage
- 10% less damage
- 3% more cast speed for each white socket in equipped gear
- 40% increased mana regeneration
- 100% reduced attribute requirements

I think the decreased/less damage modifiers make up for the cast speed bonus, especially if dual wielding it. If not, what should the numbers be?

I think GGG would make the 30 cast speed be for main hand only and change the 3 more cast speed to 2.

But Im no expert whatsoever, who knows maybe it could go on like this.
I think it does not break the game, though I know someone stupidly rich in standard will try to get a all white build and perhaps break it.
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info