1.3 BeyondDominating - HC Budget Dominating Blow Summoner [Good for fresh leagues]

"
are 2 curses really that necessary? i somehow like to have my spectres in a 4link, they are incredibly tough. i would need more mana for that anyway ^^

and i see that you are using haste, while i use hatred
you have more experience with the char, is haste better?

Hey,

I like the concept of curse on hit and it provides me more dmg with vulnerability and more survivability with enfeeble you could use 2 offensive curses as well like ele weakness to increase the hatred damage and added fire damage (if you are going to use it) from you spectres but its optional and you can adapt the build to your play style! :)

I see you are using minion life in your spectre 4 link if you want to use them in a 4 link I would use increased area of effect / concentrated effect / added fire damage. This is because my spectres are always alive even if all my 8 zombies are dead my spectres are still up and running.

With the reduced mana notes you should have enough mana left to use curses I am currently transitioning into Dominating blow on mana because iam curious how it will work with the new tree looks promising so far.

Hatred vs Haste my 2 cents:

Haste: - Movement speed buff -> its nice to run fast
- Buffs all minions with cast and attackspeed all minions profits from haste

Hatred - Only physical damage is buffed
- the minions do shatter sometimes so you cant domblow them

I think both are valid as you can see from my previous gear I used hatred for ~3 days I just like haste better because of the fact that you run faster / clear faster and all minions get a bonus

regards
thanks for the input!

if its not needed i leave out the minion life and test something else
conc effect and inc area have an effecton the proximity shield as well, with a small one they could become even tankier since an enemy would have to hit directly
a big one would shield me better ;)
i will look into that, because i really love these awesome guys with their dmg and looks ^^

if the effect isnt that great i will try to put 3 blue ones in my shield and try double curse as you suggest

the latest gemcutter box granted me a leveled haste gem, so i immediately tested it
reminded me how much i like mobility and everything is feeling quicker somehow
i will keep it

when i have something new i will update of course, havent had that much fun in a long time

cheers

I want to ask you, Divine, do you think SRS will work with BM (in combination with a 6L staff, 1 socket reserved for BM ofc) and drop DB, meanwhile keeping 8 zombies and 3 spectre?
Last edited by joint77 on Dec 28, 2014, 1:55:27 PM
"
I want to ask you, Divine, do you think SRS will work with BM (in combination with a 6L staff, 1 socket reserved for BM ofc) and drop DB, meanwhile keeping 8 zombies and 3 spectre?

If I do respec into SRS I will drop everything and play a regular SRS without zombies nor spectres. Running clarity - eldritch battery etc. I leveld most of the needed gems in order to play SRS and buy the rest. I think I will have to spent round about ~30 Regrets in order to make the transition. I posted the tree for the SRS build in my gear tab.
Last edited by divine2k3 on Dec 28, 2014, 5:45:26 PM
Hi, I got lucky and found a Soul Taker in Bloodlines. Should I change anything about your build if I want to use it? I was thinking of respeccing my lvl 73 scion which I previously used for dual totem spec and I noticed a lot of nodes overlap with your build so the cost wouldn't be too high (~15-20 regrets in addition to the quest rewards).

Alternatively, are there any good DB builds I should look out for for HC/BL? Note that I'm relatively new to the game, only started playing seriously with Bloodlines :P.
"
Hi, I got lucky and found a Soul Taker in Bloodlines. Should I change anything about your build if I want to use it? I was thinking of respeccing my lvl 73 scion which I previously used for dual totem spec and I noticed a lot of nodes overlap with your build so the cost wouldn't be too high (~15-20 regrets in addition to the quest rewards).

Alternatively, are there any good DB builds I should look out for for HC/BL? Note that I'm relatively new to the game, only started playing seriously with Bloodlines :P.

You can use the build just fine with soultaker - you can drop the mana regen notes and the max mana notes since you dont have any manaproblems with soultaker and use the free points to your liking

- get more health or other defensive notes
- get some attackspeed or dmg notes
Thanks. I'm using a slightly adjusted build that my friend suggested and it's working great. Would it be possible (and worth it) to use Mon'tregul's grasp in offhand? What effect would that have on Soul Taker's passive that enables me to spam DB with no mana?

Here's the build I'm using right now:

edit: I did make some minor changes, had to take Sovereignty so I dropped the Unrelenting cluster.
Last edited by Bawtzki on Jan 20, 2015, 2:56:00 PM
Ok so I went ahead and acquired Mon'tregul, for science :). Dual wield works and there are no mana issues with DB but I strongly advise against it, it feels very squishy. For now I dropped DB entirely while I test out the zombies on steroids...so far it's pretty nice.
Currently Playing CI Summoner for the first Time. Its Alot of fun so far.

Got 9500ES if I run Hatred Haste

If I want to be more safe I can turn on discipline and get ~12k ES

Spoiler

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info