1.3 BeyondDominating - HC Budget Dominating Blow Summoner [Good for fresh leagues]

Really nice guide. Ran this build in the 1whc race. Finished top 40 and #1 scion
"
Really nice guide. Ran this build in the 1whc race. Finished top 40 and #1 scion

Hey glad you did well with it! Thanks for the feedback :)

Going to adapt it for 1.3 and start with it again as well :)

cheers
Last edited by divine2k3 on Dec 8, 2014, 12:56:17 PM
"
divine2k3 wrote:
hey joint how did you die ?

Ehh, was totally my fault, didn't payed attention. I died on Shrine Map at Piety (ice form). Only played solo this build. I will try it in the next league too.
I had an identical idea except with a 2 hander and focusing more on AoE and increased duration.

I actually wonder if the increased duration increases how long the mob is tagged by DB (which would make it easier to get minions). I would use EB as well with a lot of mana regen, hoping I could run DB on mana. We'll see how that works.
Last edited by Draqone on Dec 11, 2014, 8:37:36 AM
"
I had an identical idea except with a 2 hander and focusing more on AoE and increased duration.

I actually wonder if the increased duration increases how long the mob is tagged by DB (which would make it easier to get minions). I would use EB as well with a lot of mana regen, hoping I could run DB on mana. We'll see how that works.

Increased duration increases the duration of the "Dom Blow Summons" thats why I get the duration notes as well as the duration gem.

I think EB and mana regen could be definitely viable. The reduced skill costs passives have now %hp and max mana which makes them more attractive. But I dont know if its worth you dont get that much out of it only thing is you can use added fire in your 5L for dom blow and run artic armour.

I am not sure about the two handed part. My spec does not get any phys dmg nor does it scale any damage from weapons. The main focus is to apply the debuff with a fast weapon in order to get the dominated minion. My spec does literally no damage with attacks its all minions :P. Dont know how you plan your build though.

Feel free to tell me how you are doing with your attempt.
Last edited by divine2k3 on Dec 11, 2014, 9:18:10 AM
"
divine2k3 wrote:
But I dont know if its worth you dont get that much out of it only thing is you can use added fire in your 5L for dom blow and run artic armour.

I have a few ideas, for example Blind. An army of mobs that blind on hit would be pretty amazing. If not that then chain for maps with loads of ranged mobs for example :P
sound pretty good, i am thinking about giving this build a try
any updates now that the patch notes are out?
"
sound pretty good, i am thinking about giving this build a try
any updates now that the patch notes are out?

patch didn't effect this build, we are good to go ;)
great!

good luck and stay safe
"
I have a few ideas, for example Blind. An army of mobs that blind on hit would be pretty amazing. If not that then chain for maps with loads of ranged mobs for example :P

I thought a bit about the mana version and I think with few alterations to my build you could run it on mana but I still dont know how good this would be. Maybe I try to swap to mana later on just to test it :P. I would try something like this http://poeurl.com/y8qbsCU but I dont know if the mana reg and the reduced skill cost would be a overkill or just enough. I have 0 experience in running mana dom blow. But you can easily access 43% reduced cost of skills - even over 50 if you go into Marauder and dont go into duelist/ranger area.

Changes to the build:

Auras: - Vitality / + Clarity

Dominating Blow: - Blood Magic / +Culling Strike or Added Fire or Blind or whatever :P

-> or just run a 4Link Dom Blow => move the curse on hit into the chest and go tri curse ?

Just thought a bit about it ... its not really in depth and I dont know how good this would work.

What tree did you come up with and what are your plans for the build?

*Edit:

- Or you could use a Prism Guardian and run clarity on life

Last edited by divine2k3 on Dec 12, 2014, 3:54:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info