1.3 BeyondDominating - HC Budget Dominating Blow Summoner [Good for fresh leagues]

Hi all,

since I had a great start in Beyond with this build I am going to play it again as my first char in a fresh league. Thanks for the comments and the feedback glad you liked the build :)!

This time I'll post my build before the start of the league. Therefore it is not tested and I guess things will change during the league. I try and keep this updated. But I expect this to work just fine :)!

Reasons for Scion (again :-)):

- nice resi notes to exit the scion start until you have proper gear
- nearly all important skillgems are offered as quest reward
- flexible start
- she is beautiful

Gems          

4L - Minion +2 Helmet ->> Raise Zombie -> Minion Life -> Minion Damage -> Minion Resi

-> or Raise Zombie -> Minion Life -> melee phys -> multistrike

5L - Dominating Blow -> Multistrike -> Melee Splash -> Blood Magic -> Increased Duration

3L - Raise Spectre -> Minion Damage -> Spell Echo (Going for Evangelists)

4L - Reduced Mana -> Purity of Elements -> Vitality -> Haste/Hatred

4L - Arc-> Curse on Hit -> Vulnerability/Temp Chains -> Enfeeble

Other:

Convocation, Flesh offering, Vaal haste

Desecrate ( In weapon switch in order to get your spectres fast)

Quest Reward Spreadsheet          

Current Gear          

27.12.2014 - 02:00 CET

Level 87

I am happy with the outcome of the build it works very well and is super cheap. I can clear any map mods and I feel confident doing it.

The aim for me for this char was the same as last league - go fast into maps and farm some currency. Which worked as great as last league. I am currently leveling my Bringer of Rain / Aegis Aurora char which got financed by this build :P because I always wanted to try this and furthermore look how hard the block nerf hit the build.

Further Ideas what I would like to do:

- Buy an 5L energysghield body armour and the additional curse ring and go tri curse

- Try to 5L the Belly and use DomBlow as 5Link

- Respec into Summon Raging Spirits and farm atziri
-> from day 1 I leveled all crucial gems in order to play summon raging spirits (knowing this day might come)

-> Transition into Srs for anyone who is curious http://poeurl.com/y8joGpj

I hope you like the build as much as I do. I will definitely come back to this char and progess some more later on just wanted everyone who is following the progression to know whats up! Feel free to ask questions and post some feedback I will look into this post almost daily. Stay safe !

22.12.2014 - 11:00 CET

Level 87

Current Tree: http://poeurl.com/y9koLs4

Thoughts so far:

- Aziri's foible is very good for this build (Manareg/Max Mana / reduced stats for the dex req)
- 4L and 5L Manapool and mana reg are fine
- although aziri's foible is kinda needed its still a cheap build because you are able to use a 4 Link chest with gg stats all game (and you can run bm till you got it and then spec into mana and reg)
- its awesome to be able to recast your zombies if they die (Flameblast exile/beyond spaw/ bloodlines)

Stats          

19.12.2014 - 15:00 CET

Level 85

Transitioned into Mana because of curiosity - I know the life/BM variant works great

Current state and positive aspects of using mana:

- mana is solid no problems with dominating blow even without clarity
-> you cant hold rightclick the entire time but you have enough mana to cast domblow and get the
lasthits (will get better with the rest of the notes and maybe some %reg on rings will see)
- I can recast zombies infight if they die (obelisks or flame/frost bearer)

Benefits of using mana:

- We could use dominating blow in a 4Link
- -> we could run 5 Link spectres in chest
- -> we could run triplecurse in chest
- -> ETC

- We could run 5 Link dominating blow (extra socket free because we dont need BM)

will see how the build will develop

18.12.2014 - 17:00 CET

Level 84

Doing fine so far no rush to get a 5-Link since the Dominating blow minions have a duration of ~60 Seconds which is enough to keep the army rolling and proofs furthermore that the spec is really solid for a low budget player.

Currently struggling with my map pool bad luck with drops have do 73 maps again

So just farming saving currency atm. (Only items that I bought are Belly, Ullr and my belt to fix resis.

17.12.2014 - 12:00 CET

Level 80

Got My Belly - Have to link it now :)

Specced out of Resolute Technique because of the new weapon (will try to get a better one from vagan)

16.12.2014 - 9:26 CET

Level 77

15.12.2014 - 9:30 CET

Level 70

14.12.2014 - 10:40 CET

Level 61

- Mainly Selffound just bought multistrike currently lacking links/sockets in order to use dominating blow
- currently not in the mood for trading guess I am going to keep playing as regular summoner in the early maps and then switch to dom blow
- Flesh offering and convocation due to lack of sockets in weapon switch

Bandits: Oak - Kill - Kill

1.2 Beyond League Video - 74 Map - Gorge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWSYqiieYQ

Tools         

Tool to calculate reserved mana
https://poe.mikelat.com/

How to level a Summoner          

Dominating Blow Mana Variant          

http://poeurl.com/y9ktpLT

- grab all the reduced notes and run domblow on bloodmagic until you can use it on mana

- Get Atziri's foible
- get some max mana on gear
- get some mana reg on gear

-> you are good to go :)

*Eldritch Battery is a option as well but haven't tested it yet

Feel free to ask questions and leave some feedback!

Regards

1.2 - Beyond-League          

Hi all,

I just wanted to share my current build with you. I started Beyond-League with this Character and I am currently level 88. This build is able to clear 77 - 78 maps nearly effortless.

This character is fairly cheap to build and very strong as well as tanky.
Reasons for Scion:

- nice resi notes to exit the scion start until you have proper gear
- nearly all important skillgems are offered as quest reward
- shes beautiful

Current Gear          

Weapon Switch          

- Use desecrate to get your Evengelists fast and easy
- Swap Spell echo out for the summoning and put it back in afterwards
- Switch between Bone or Flesh offering depending on what you feel more effective with
- Remaining space used for leveling Gems

Current Stats          

Bandits - Oak, Kill, Kill

74 Map - Gorge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWSYqiieYQ

How to level a Summoner

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996251

Credits to Angry African

Feel free to ask questions and leave some feedback!

Regards

*Edit - Final 116 Point changed a little
Last edited by divine2k3 on Dec 26, 2014, 8:12:41 PM
I just started my Scion character and will be building according to your tree. I'll let you know how it goes and if I make any changes.
Looks interesting. Due to the high mana(life) cost of Dominating Blow: When did you start using Blood Magic with that skill?
"
Looks interesting. Due to the high mana(life) cost of Dominating Blow: When did you start using Blood Magic with that skill?

Hey, I guess I leveld till end of act 3 cruel with searing bond maybe little later cant recall exactly. In Merciless I picked up Bones of Ullr and got 3 Evangelist Spectre and by that time I started using dominating blow as well!
Last edited by divine2k3 on Sep 3, 2014, 6:42:31 AM
I couldnt find any life leech on your gear or passives. Ive never done blood magic things before is the regen you pick up near scion and the armor nodes enough to sustain or do you chug hp flasks like mana flasks?
"
I couldnt find any life leech on your gear or passives. Ive never done blood magic things before is the regen you pick up near scion and the armor nodes enough to sustain or do you chug hp flasks like mana flasks?

My Physical Damage is near to nothing so life leech wouldn't do much and I cant waste a slot for LGOH. I got alot of passive life regen and I am currently able to sustain the bloodmagic costs with life regen. In the early phases you will have to use pots like mana pots but you wont spam dom blow as damage spell you use it to make the last hit (you don really have to make the last hit it apply s a buff for a short duration so you dont need to cull or actually get the lasthit)

It may seems dangerous at first but it isnt your zombies tank most of the damage and youll be hitting from the second row. After some Domblow lasthits your army gets rolling and you rush through the maps.
At the moment level 44 leveling with molten strike though, havent picked the minion passives up and such and missing bunch gems. Slapped the blood magic gem into molten with multistrike and weapon elemental and im sustaining perfectly. The amount of regen scion has easy access to is pretty damn nice. Not yet enough for dom blow but its getting very close to it. I think ill still level to like to like lvl 65ish before switching from molten strike. Dom blow always been interesting to me but ive seen super expensive soultaker versions only so far. Cant wait to switch :D

And bloodmagicing attack means 100% of my mana is now used for auras. Feels really nice.
Last edited by elraito on Sep 4, 2014, 3:36:09 AM
"
At the moment level 44 leveling with molten strike though, havent picked the minion passives up and such and missing bunch gems. Slapped the blood magic gem into molten with multistrike and weapon elemental and im sustaining perfectly. The amount of regen scion has easy access to is pretty damn nice. Not yet enough for dom blow but its getting very close to it. I think ill still level to like to like lvl 65ish before switching from molten strike. Dom blow always been interesting to me but ive seen super expensive soultaker versions only so far. Cant wait to switch :D

And bloodmagicing attack means 100% of my mana is now used for auras. Feels really nice.

Yeah with lvl 19 reduced mana you are able to use 1x 60% and 2x 40% Aura (I am running Pruity / Haste /Vitality) For Haste you will have to get some Dex on your gear

I had to link all my minion spells and curses to BM, so iam not able to run things like CWDT

** Soultaker is a nice addition the effect as well as the attackspeed are nice for the build. In beyond its currently at 13ex and I am thinking about buying one but I dont know if it will be worth the investment
Last edited by divine2k3 on Sep 4, 2014, 6:31:31 AM
Currently lvl 60 and I love the spec already. Switched to dom blow at 58 when my life regen was slightly over dom blow cost. Im missing bunch of gems and gear but its already powerful.

Passive tree link on how far ive gotten so far

Spectre, couple extra zombie gems for gcp recipe/potential vaaling and few other gems are leveling in weapon swap. I dont have the dex to run any dex auras yet but that will be fixed eventually. Currently I run anger, vitality and herald of ash for some puny damage with 2 mana left over from reserved lol and switch anger for determination when im grouping with someone who is running anger already. The aura choice is only that because i started when leveling on the left side of the tree and got massive amounts of strength from get go. I will be switching to same setup as you with vitality, purity and haste once i start picking up the dex. Im missing 1 extra blood magic gem to link desecrate and enfeeble but i have flesh offering and vuln atm which is enough. Ive got 6 zombies at the moment which for my level I feel is good amount is prodives the first kills to get the steamrolling going.

But otherwise the build is really really solid. Packs bunch of defense is very independant of situation and can clear anything it looks like. On bosses just your regular zombies/spectre do a bunch of work. And once you get the steamrolling of minions going its plain silly clearing. Only problem is grouping with hatred+crit and regular ice casters where the amount of minions you get is much smaller.

I have pondered about few alteration in build but decided not to. Good job on build. Definetly powerful. Cheap as hell. Piss easy to play. Fun. Excellent. Would recommend for sure to anyone to try.

I only recommend you make the passive tree link clickable in your first post. Copy pasting from spolier link pretty annoying on mobile device.

Current Gear if anyone cares lol

*Skilltree is now clickable :P

Thanks for the feedback ! Glad you like the build :)

Last edited by divine2k3 on Sep 5, 2014, 6:30:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info