I'm new here and I'm in some dire need of help!

Deleted
Last edited by Dingernalt on Aug 22, 2017, 1:56:19 PM
Wiki is always relevant, game mechanics page is especially useful. Studies have shown that those that use it open 80% less threads in gameplay help section on average, that's significant.

As for best approach to the game, it varies but this works for most:
- first play a couple of characters by ear, try having a general idea of what you want to do but it's fine if you just wing it, they will suck anyway but you will get the feel for the game and learn a lot of basic stuff.
- then find a build in the build section that was similar to what you were playing, compare it and see what you did wrong, if you don't understand why the build uses X and not Y, ask.
- try making a decent build based on your newfound knowledge, try to plan everything in advance, this one has a good chance of getting to endgame

And check out the two sticky threads in this section, they're also very helpful.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 30, 2014, 5:44:00 AM
you learn while playing. You would not understand the build guides anyways, would miss some important parts etc.. Use wiki later on to get skill mechanics descriptions

Similar to other aRPGs, you need to focus on one thing damage wise.
Unlike most recent aRPGs, you cannot ignore defences. Always pick life passives that are near and get some passives that boost your appropriate defence stat too (Armor, Evasion, Energy shield)

If youre looking for a Begginer Guide, try the one on the top of this forum section. It is very well compiled

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Aug 30, 2014, 5:07:29 AM
Check out the class discussion threads here on the forum. (Click the index to find it)
There are build discussions for every starting class available.

It's good to shop around for a build that suits you, but I find there's nothing like playing through the game first on your own and discovering things as you go. Then you can start a new (more serious) character for your next playthrough.

Good luck!
Deleted
Last edited by Dingernalt on Aug 22, 2017, 1:56:08 PM
Deleted
Last edited by Dingernalt on Aug 22, 2017, 1:55:59 PM
"
Dingernalt wrote:

I'll take your opening in a light hearted way. The wiki is as complex in info as the game itself. http://puu.sh/bdQHa/6588bdd4ed.png. Seriously, how do I even... I need more solid background as you stated I guess. I continue to lurk around the forums to see if I can absorb some knowledge.

yes, its a bit overwhelming.. just play the game, the learning curve is very steep.. and search wiki/mechanics thread when you need to know something. Thats what I did..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Dingernalt wrote:
I'll take your opening in a light hearted way. The wiki is as complex in info as the game itself. http://puu.sh/bdQHa/6588bdd4ed.png. Seriously, how do I even... I need more solid background as you stated I guess. I continue to lurk around the forums to see if I can absorb some knowledge.

Certainly, it was meant that way.

Anyway, just start with noperative's guide for basic info like 'can I unsocket my gems' and just go from there. You can also try to contact me ingame if you got some questions, I suppose.

You can contact other people without adding them to friendlist by typing @ and the name of any of their ingame characters, you can see the character list on their profile if it's public. Some may refuse an unexpected friend request because their friendlist is too crowded or just because, names aren't case sensitive.

Example:
@adramel blah,blah,blah,blah
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The class sections here are full of guides. Some are in-depth, many are not, but if you give us an idea what kind of character you'd like to play (class preferences, playstyle preferences, etc), we might be able to direct you to a suitable guide that is achievable (some guides assume gear that you will not have).
Yeah I'd say just go for it and discover and learn as you play. The cool thing about the skilltree is that it's intentionally made for early flexibility. Most of those early passives are generalized-- melee damage rather than damage with axes, for example. And you can always swap out gems to try new things. The game also gives you 12 passive undos through quests.
and in that moment, i swear we were desync

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info