Why does lvl68 gear look the exact same as lvl33-35 gear? Re-used models galore.

Chest pieces, boots, gloves, weapons of all kinds, past lvl33-35 anything that isn't a headpiece is going to re-use the exact same models as the previous levels.

Why? Is it to push cosmetic sales by making normal gear intentionally ugly and lazy?
Also hoping for a complete 3d overhaul of other armor pieces.

The helmet one was great.

Probably will take some time though. :/
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
"
Kappistini wrote:
Chest pieces, boots, gloves, weapons of all kinds, past lvl33-35 anything that isn't a headpiece is going to re-use the exact same models as the previous levels.

Why? Is it to push cosmetic sales by making normal gear intentionally ugly and lazy?

No it's because they couldn't afford to do what you wanted. During open beta (I believe) they eventually scrounged up the funds to develop improved models for helmets and head gear.

Hopefully revisions of the other types of gear will come in the future.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"

No it's because they couldn't afford to do what you wanted. During open beta (I believe) they eventually scrounged up the funds to develop improved models for helmets and head gear.

Beta was long ago though and the game got popular, you'd think would they care about the quality of such assets. Right now there is no feeling of visual progression.
Last edited by Kappistini on Sep 1, 2014, 8:13:05 AM
I think a good way for them to allow players to "freshen" up the look of the existing armor pieces would be to have MTXs for color and finish. Darker metallic finish or a different colors for fabrics. Also the ability to remove the shine from armor.
"
Kappistini wrote:
"

Beta was long ago though and the game got popular, you'd think would they care about the quality of such assets. Right now there is no feeling of visual progression.
They already said that to do what you want it would require a significant amount of time to complete, leaving their artists unavailable for other things during the lengthy time period. They claim they could outsource the work and have it done fairly quick but the amount of control over the final products would be significantly diminished with this approach and it might end up not being that great or the items won't be graphically consistent with the art style the game is aiming for etc.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Sep 2, 2014, 12:15:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info