0.10.0f Patch and Scheduled Downtime

Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Feb 5, 2013, 5:52:48 AM
To clarify, the website is going down at the same time because it uses the same account database as the game servers. We're re-sharding the number of databases the accounts are stored on, which is an operation that takes several hours and cannot be performed on a database that is currently running.

Edit: I should probably note that due to factors we haven't predicted, this could take less or more time than we've estimated. If it finishes early we'll bring the servers up right away. If it looks like it's taking longer, we'll post on our Twitter!

Edit2: We've pushed the maintenance back by two hours. I have updated the times in the above text.

Edit3: All done!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Feb 5, 2013, 5:52:57 AM
"
hoongfei wrote:
"
Wait, how will you update this thread to let us know its taking longer than expected when the site will be down?

They typically update twitter. Check it out.

Oh true, lol. Yes, www.twitter.com/pathofexile
"
ggimkaas wrote:
"
thescyphozoa wrote:
"
Redd84 wrote:
Does anyone know what time that is in the europe Amsterdam region?

7 am to 9:30 am.

(I still don't get the baby boom joke.)

Time is spot on.

As for the joke; after WW2 every one had kids after the world sort of settled down, now he's expecting everyone to roll a new HC char because it's more stable now, so no more lame excuses like "I died of desync".

I think desync will still be an issue, this will just fix the random log outs and stash loading slow (I'm assuming).

My understanding was he was saying that many babies will be born nine months from now because people have to find something else to do during the downtime.
So that we are more prepared, we pushed the maintenance back by two hours. The initial post has been updated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info