[Racing] Concern: Forsaken Masters and Racing

I posted this several days ago on the subreddit, and unfortunately didn't get any response, I guess everyone was too busy laughing at the picture of the exile that was fishing into the waypoint. But I think it's something that does require some thought, so I'll bring it up again in the hopes that it sparks at least some discussion.

"
This thought just occurred to me, since it just happened when levelling a new character. But Elreon is utterly OP for races, most of the other masters probably won't be worth the time.
But in Normal Ledge I went from 0% exp level at 7 to 38% exp at level 8 just from defending his Relic, the number of mobs spawned for those missions is pretty crazy, and the benefit is probably on par with finding a GG unique off Hillock like a Lifesprig.

Hopefully GGG doesn't include the Masters in races, since the only other solution I can think of would be for the mobs spawned to give no exp, and that's not an idea I like.

Edit: I guess another way they could balance it is by changing Elreon so that he waits in Sarn instead of Lioneye's Watch, so that way he won't be able to appear for the majority of races. Although that means he'll still be a real concern for the 3 hour races.

Honestly the impact might be even greater than an OP Unique drop, given that I did gain 1.5 levels in under a minute. I mean in a 12 minute burst race Elreon is basically the difference between being #1 and not even being on the leaderboard.
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Aug 29, 2014, 2:08:36 PM
It's a good point you're raising for sure.

Although it is just another RNG factor to go with many many other RNG factors involved in this game and racing. Albeit quite a large one for short races

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info