viperstrike-build?

here is my opinion and view of my own use of viperstrike: enjoy ;)

dps- has rather low damage (in comparision to reave)

DoT- decent

attack speed - depends

how i think it should be used - on bosses, not as an AoE skill
why? because t has the potential to due a freaking TON of DoT the more you hit them......why not go with it as an AoE skill? because going AoE (things like melee splash etc,...) reduce its damage and so its not so good, as it already has less damage per hit than something like reave.....it should be a heavy hitting skill not a speed skill because it takes 25% of initial hit damage as DoT, so speed will help, but not as handy as damage in my opinion.

auras like hatred and something like herald of fire i find fevy helpful to its DoT

if you want to help me out on looking into it more, give it a try on your next are or map as AoE and then against your boss as single target, and lemme know what happened ;)

thanks! -Epic

so no, i dont think it can be your main skill for a build, fogot to say that :P
I'm finding out it's a single-target boss-killer. Sucks to level with though.

I run Viper Strike, Puncture, Fire Trap and Vulnerability, along with all the +chaos and +DoT nodes in the skill tree. It sucks at clearing groups, but single-target DPS is incredible. Add in Adder's Touch and a crit-heavy physical damage dagger tree, and it's a lot of fun. Still, Reave is the better choice for leveling.
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
could you link your pssive tree? i cant seem to get a good tree and still have all the DoT nodes and chaos nodes with any decent dps, thanks!
It's definitely meant to be used as a single target boss killer skill. There's no point in using a DoT skill on something that you could just kill in one hit with any other skill. For a boss fight where you have time to apply several stacks though, it can definitely be good.
I've tried running a single target, multistrike/melee physical/etc.., Viper Strike for bosses/rares/uniques along with a multi target version with melee splash to clear packs. The pack clearing don't need many links to do the work and they both use passive nodes efficiently.
"
Honchobob wrote:
I've tried running a single target, multistrike/melee physical/etc.., Viper Strike for bosses/rares/uniques along with a multi target version with melee splash to clear packs. The pack clearing don't need many links to do the work and they both use passive nodes efficiently.

Yeah, I'll use my 6L for Reave. VS is strong enough in a 3 or 4 link.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBbUJMw5ID6sRlhUgFr8ZtButI_Yk_SaVKgsqTSzhLOkwcTB8Nj06Qj3iRwZI7kkTS3hNklFHUUxSr1M1U99VS1b1WNth4mKsZ_xqjGqTbIxtbG5pcFJwVnaCfVt9438rhNmJ4IwLjDaNfY2_joqQG5Lzkx-X0JoTm4ObtZ2qotmjiqZ_pzSsR6xmrK-tSrDYsbO0xbTRtUi307k-uXy7Tb6nwA_AnMLswzrDhsgMyBTKSsrT0NDRNtJN1CPV7daK18vYdttu29TdX92o4izjhOZY51Tnkeyw7UHz6vVv9vz66__e

I normally don't put this many points into a build, but I do plan on leveling to 100 this go-round.
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
It's painfully obvious that 1.2 Viper Strike is GGG's engagement ring to the bold new Shadow. At some point during the rework of the Shadow area GGG evidently fell totally in love with him and started showering him with gifts like +16% Elemental Damage, +15% Physical Damage, +16% Dual Wield damage, +18% max Mana, 2% Life Leech, and so on ad nauseam. But not even that was enough adoration, so they ripped out the Corruption and Growth & Decay Chaos and DoT damage clusters from the Duelist area, and tucked them discreetly into the Shadow's trousers.

Unfortunately, DoT damage was a bit of an awkward fit with the Shadow's exquisitely crafted Loath Bane dagger and velvet Acuity gloves. An appropriately refurbished poison melee attack was thus fashioned out of a dried up Viper Strike snake skin, bristling with crit-worthy double-dipped fortitude. The gift-wrapped package is hand delivered to each new Shadow upon their auspicious arrival in Wraeclast.
Last edited by RogueMage on Aug 29, 2014, 4:01:10 PM
lol, true, i cant wait to hit artziri with viperstrike+crits+DoT nodes+puncture all over the place ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info