Why would anyone play in the challenge leagues?

Wow what an amazingly ridiculous post.

Looking forward to OP's responses, but probably wont get it as he's hiding away somewhere basking in his own stupidity.
"
1988288 wrote:
How can one not understand the simple idea of wipe/reset/ladder being fun? It's a freaking fresh start.

In practice, that "fresh start" lasts only for the first couple weeks, until the bots and RMT sites restock their inventories in the new leagues. In the meantime, many veterans of the previous temp league have cashed in their retired temp-league gear for Fools Gold, and use that to acquire and invest in new gear in the fresh leagues as soon as it becomes available. This is why the temp leagues quickly become just as RMT-driven as Standard.
Last edited by RogueMage on Aug 29, 2014, 3:56:40 PM
New economy, high activity, added challenge of the league specific changes, league specific uniques.

Especially in the HC new leagues, since everyone starts from a fresh slate, low level gear is always going to be a commodity. Some items will definitely have inflated prices, for sure - powerful low level uniques for instance like Goldrim. Others are a bit more reasonable to your average player and not as inflated in price compared to standard/HC.

IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
All the "fresh start" or "new economy" replies are buying into the idea that the economy in a challenge league should, for some reason, be different from the economy in the parent leagues.

The only reason this should be the case is because dumb players are willing to sell items at a suppressed price at the beginning of a league, to smart players willing to perform arbitrage, and see massive returns on their investments when the leagues are merged.

If you buy into the "supply/demand" argument that "herp derp, there are less exalted orbs, so my item is worth less in this challenge league than it would be worth in the parent league" you are making a mistake and you are a fool.

The marginal utility of keeping the item yourself is much higher if you simply hold onto it for a month or two.

Sure, there are probably a handful of players who actually delete their characters with their Shavs/Mjolners, etc. as soon as they hit Standard or Hardcore, but I bet that's actually a pretty small minority.

I bet there are a lot of players, who know what the fuck they are doing, and they are laughing their asses off when you sell your Mjolner for 10ex at the start of a league.

All I'm saying with respect to the economy (which was only 1/4 of my original post), is that there should be no difference between the parent league economies and the challenge league economies, because 3 months is a relatively insignificant amount of time compared to the amount of inflation that is experienced. It's artificially depressed, and I bet that it is so that experienced players can take advantage of idiots.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Aug 29, 2014, 5:15:20 PM
haha that's a lot of 'smart talk' for someone so dumb :D

The economies ARE the same. You are just forgetting for some reason that standard league has been going for some time.....

A kaoms heart was worth 120 gcp roughly a month or so into the standard league. Were those players dumb to not wait for a year and sell it at 150 exalts?

No....because 120 gcp back then was worth the same as 150 exalts is now.

And the case is still the same now, an item worth 10 exalted in the new leagues, has an equivalent value to lets say 150 exalts in standard.

So those players looking to take advantage as you say, are not really gaining anything. They are simply 'moving' their wealth to another league. Unless of course you think for some reason these players simply pop into the new leagues with 100 exalts in their stash ready to go haha

The standard league is inundated with currency and it stands to reason that said currency therefore slowly diminishes over time as more and more is found.
Last edited by pengant on Aug 29, 2014, 5:36:37 PM
Simple answer:

I have no fucking idea, I just like them better. You don't like them? Fine, go play standard. Your not going to convince people that they don't like the challenge leagues though.
Why are you being so grumpy? I for one enjoy the rampage mechanics. I for one am glad everyone not as big a dick as you amd dont try to sell items for more than currently exists in the whole leauge.

Basicly what your saying is if you landed on a planet entirly made out of gold you should keep charging the same price for it because EVENTUALLY its going to be worth that much. Hell we might as well start selling gas for 100$ a gallon because EVENTUALLY its going to be worth that much.
"
Neoforce wrote:
Why are you being so grumpy? I for one enjoy the rampage mechanics. I for one am glad everyone not as big a dick as you amd dont try to sell items for more than currently exists in the whole leauge.

Basicly what your saying is if you landed on a planet entirly made out of gold you should keep charging the same price for it because EVENTUALLY its going to be worth that much. Hell we might as well start selling gas for 100$ a gallon because EVENTUALLY its going to be worth that much.

hahaha exactly.

Is OP really saying players are dumb for not selling Mjolners in Rampage for 100 exalts? Utter madness!

Good grasp on economics you have OP! Such a shame too cause your last post had so many big words in it, was nearly impressed until I read it all!
Last edited by pengant on Aug 29, 2014, 5:45:03 PM
"
I don't play standard because I have a shit load of "remove only" stash tabs and it's annoying as hell trying to get rid of them. I like playing in the new leagues mostly so I can have a fresh start.

+1

that goes for HC also..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info