Why would anyone play in the challenge leagues?

"
demivion wrote:
#4) Prices "artificially" deflated in the beginning of a new league? Standard has YEARS of currency floating around in it built up by players. A league starts and you expect everyone to have that kind of currency?

The ecomony changes in challenge leagues because the amount of currency in the league steadily increases as time goes on. Standard league is "steady state" economy and as a challenge league ages it approaches this "steady state" value of currency.

#3) almost no one in challenge leagues gives a flying F- about legacy uniques... because they play challenge leagues. good lord

#2) I assume you aren't the CEO of a company, why bother trying to get promoted? If you aren't the best gamer in the world, why bother gaming? If only the best ever bothered trying then no one would ever try anything. I know it's a mysterious concept, but some people find challenges FUN even if they know they will never complete ALL the challenges.

#1) even if they are "often imbalanced, buggy, annoying, or pointless" it's still different, and better than nothing... endless grinding hell of standard league

None of your points hold up to scrutiny. Come back with some real arguments

Exactly
"
What is more fun about playing in Rampage, which is almost totally useless, compared to playing in Standard?

What is more fun about playing in Beyond, which is just slower, compared to playing in HC?

Ricky Ricky Ricky, you really are pulling on a few nerves.

Whilst everyone is entitled to opinion, yours is a bit limiting.

There are soooooooo many reasons why an individual may play in a fresh 3 month league. I'll list some of mine.

1. I like starting fresh. Its nice to have zero in your stash and rise through the ranks again. A question for you... why would you ever stay in a place where you have/would inevitably build enough orbs for anything you want. Bit boring no??

2. I like to play this game ALOT for the 3/4month league and then I leave it alone until the next. I don't spend all my gaming time on this game and often spend a month away from it.

3. The game is constantly evolving. Items are added and changed; the skill tree is reworked; and the skill gems are rebalanced. When enough things change in a league, its nice to build from the ground up again. Existing builds can sometimes be rendered useless so rather than re-doing a level 85 character, I'd rather let him rest in peace and enjoy a fresh everything.

TLDR: Its fresh and starting from the ground up makes me cool
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Last edited by Zanixx on Aug 29, 2014, 12:05:43 PM
It's nice to enjoy new content as a fresh new character without any limitations or temptations.

It allows you to play the new content as it was intended and honestly I find the game gets boring when you can buy whatever you want and the only real upgrades left are working towards mirror worthy items.

I also enjoy the overdone gimmicky mechanics each league.
Starting new characters in a new economy and racing others to see who can complete things first is fun.

I haven't even respecced my standard characters yet :-/

also for many of the new league players, when the league ends all currency and items become practically worthless (almost the same as dying in hc league)

except maybe messing around with vaal orbs and stuff just for lols
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Last edited by kaarelo on Aug 29, 2014, 12:53:48 PM
- Not everyone devotes 3+ months to his characters
- Exclusive mechanics
- Exclusive uniques
- Fresh start (it's sad to start in a league where someone deals 2 million dps already)
- Slightly less RMT going around (currency is so much expensive early on)

There are more reasons, but I think you can get it.
Real life made me quit the game lol
A fresh start in the challenge leagues we are all equal for that short moment when the leagues start and something about that resonates with me
I dont see any any key!
Because I want to play as hardcore as possible.

This means I only play:

Solo
Self found
Hardcore

The challenge leagues are higher in difficulty, so that means if I want the highest challenge:

Solo
Self found
Hardcore challenge league

They might end, but its the only option for me if I want maxed difficulty. If It was up to me there would be a hardcore league that was permanent that added all challange leagues (nemesis + beyond ++)
First off calling a bunch of people stupid because their opinions don't match yours generally show a lack of intellect of yourself.

Many people like change of paces! How hard is that to understand? Not everyone, obviously, but many do. Not as many people play the game for the same reasons as you do. This game in general offers a pretty wide range of player types.

I am sorry it is difficult for you to understand and because of that you feel the need to make yourself seem better/smarter than everyone else, but that is just how it is.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Playing video games is "a waste of time". Some people prefer to waste it this way, others that way. In the end, it's all the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info