Righteous Fire EK Scion

This is what to do with your RF gear now that snapshotting got nerfed:

Basic info like build and stuff for you guys. Ive been wanting to make this character for a while but when the skilltree got changed at 1.2 I never found viable trees, so I made one. At this point I have no where near the best gear/gems possible or the optimal amount of skillpoints to allocate.

This is what I always look for first so Ill put it right here
Gear:
Spoiler

Skilltree at level 87 (my current level):
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoDwtxq63PkGH8B_Fiq9sTP-iANi9_gq18jWSBS0n1cRYXz_BBHloC2F4DaluUFAu_6IP7w4nL-OfhxlsFvxLJ-3E9rGQLajbWbfWgwnbC4IeiELBxX_GHNyTJ7QMRnEdquGIgzgUTbUEXcbd82BtnYDjajbpJKoWbxps5CKApCSwhtEXL_rSvJ907XrvYEvi6mEhhO8B3L6KXhNOKrZBQzEbyCmlwA_V7WqTbmm-p9JNZU2E2dX4xLgCcQSzL2_ZE3C77BiycGKVKlM=

Hypothesised level 100 build:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoDwtxq63PkGH8B_Fiq9sTP-iANi9_gq18jWSBS0n1cRYXz_BBHloC2F4DaluUFAu_6IP7w4nL-OfhxlsFvxLJ-3E9rGQLajbWbfWgwnbC4IeiELBxX_GHNyTJ7QMRnEdquGIgzgUTbUEXcbd82BtnYDjajbpJKoWbxps5CKApCSwhtEXL_rSvJ907XrvYEuE7wHcvopOKrZBKaXAD9XtapNuab6n0k1lTYTZ1fjEuEd-FFJk51XWIcP5ZVfhCGeQ1gJxBLMvb9kTcLvsGKSsKlNilbJwflkb-qQZJd9hIeLq

Required Gear:
-> Alpha's howl: reduced reservation and extra levels to auras
-> Rise of the Phoenix: Gives us fire resist necessary to sustain RF
-> Mana + Mana regen gear: self explanatory

Bandits
Normal: Oak (life)
Cruel: Oak (physical damage)
Merciless: Kill all (skill point) - I didnt get the skill point here so my tree has one less than yours could

Why get aura effect before reduced reservation?
We need the most possible +max resist from purity of fire so dropping an aura to get this is pretty important

Can I do this build at a lower level/with cheaper gear?
You require all the regen nodes I have on the tree, unless you want to have no net regen (not recommended) while running RF then you could drop maybe one of the 0.6 nodes in the marauder tree.

Why waste so many points getting Eldrich Battery?
1 - It removes energy shield, so we sustain RF easier
2 - We get more mana allowing a higher level AA to be run
3 - Indefinitely sustain casting even with a 6 link

Do I have to cast EK?
No, and I understand some people don't like EK that much/ find it boring. I like it and it has good AOE with faster proj. You could Socket in just about any spell with iron will and other supports depending on what they synergise best with

I'm far too rich for this pleb build and want to make something similar just better
You could add Shavs, zealot's oath and pain attunement, but you'd need a lot more levels (95+ probably)
Here's a possible 120 point version: https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoDwtxq63PkGHxYqvbEz_tfIFLV8_wQR5aAtheA2pblBQLv-iD7GQLajbWbfWgwnBxX_GHNyTJ7QMRnEdquGItQRdxt3zYG2dgOQigKQksIbRFy_60gHcvopOKrZBKaXAD9XtapNuab6n0k2E2dX4xLgOPDpSNuhYr2TnVdYIZ3vXj_rsGFyKwfOio_fBJIt8uwJxBLOBb548Zp4pTxZAhX062Ow4vrxKyG6qkBGKr4LkdPEY21uvQKAhYCXfpBkb-p_LL2_ZE3C7DXzqup3EWPW3MUNjms9xTacrNbkdTy0flSARUG0Z

you could drop Unwavering stance if you use lioneye's paws but you'd lose energy shield and quite a bit of move speed

Is this HC viable?
Yes absolutely, but you'd have to be quite rich. You would need to be able to sustain lv 18+ AA, need a lv 21 Purity of fire and most probably also need to run a lightning coil. These are in high demand so are very expensive and you would also probably need to run purity of lightning so you would need to get more aura reduced reservation (the one near unwavering stance) thus meaning you would have to be over lv 90.

If you have suggestions for more efficient paths or anything, please do tell me.
Last edited by NerfWarHero on Aug 29, 2014, 5:00:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info