Totemic Zeal

Sorry if this has been posted/answered somewhere else, I looked around and couldn't find anything. There are 2 totem passives that interact with flame totem in a strange way and I'm not sure what they are actually doing.

First is "Totem Attack and Cast speed" the node reads: "Spells Cast by Totems have 4% increased Cast Speed." When I allocate this passive my Flame Totem dps doesn't increase at all, the cast time doesn't decrease either. Seemingly nothing happens.

Second is "Totemic Zeal" the node reads: "30% increased Casting Speed for Summoning Totems." Now this does what's expected and makes you summon totems faster BUT it also increased the Flame Totems dps and reduced it's cast time. So the question is, is the tooltip of Flame Totem wrong or are these nodes not working as intended?

tl;dr Does Totemic Zeal actually increase your Flame Totems dps or is it a tooltip dps error.
I wouldn't trust the tooltip. I think it just takes the damage and divides by the cast time (i.e. the time it takes you to cast the totem).
Correct. It's a known issue that the display accounts for Totem summoning time instead of the totem's Cast/Attack time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info