brutus on merciless

I don't know hard Brutus is for a melee but for a ranged character, Brutus is fairly easy. You just have to go around him in circles attacking him from afar.
I also had just about 1.5k life and about 900 ES. Three Dragon freezing and spell echoed Arc + some Skeletons with MInstability. I do not use a spell totem for the skeletons, because I like more to place them where I want instead of totem ai. The skeletons are buffed with multistrike, added lightning dmg and increased life, so each of them explodes for about 300 dmg. Brutus attacks the skeletons, they attack him, I attack him too and arc his minions away. When the spikes are active I run out of their aoe and repeat. I had three life flasks and two mana flasks, clarity and discipline, was lvl 62 and killed him in the first try.

Also Merveil was no problem with this build, I just swapped discipline for purity of ice.

Imo there are far more dangerous boss monsters in the corrupted areas or exiles guarding strongboxes than the main story bosses. Eg. I died quite a few times to the undying aura and continously spawning minions boss crab in a corrupted area, because arc and the skeletons couldn't reach the boss due to so many undying smaller crabs in the narrow passages. It took me a few reentries to finally get the boss in range.
"
ariesdante wrote:
"And yah, TL2 invented ground spikes. Hope ggg payed their royalties. -_-" I thought Midway invented them in MK ^_^

Anyway, I dont; find new Brutus any harder. Probably depends on your build and gear. At the end all Merc Brutus, Kole or that monkey at first Act3 stage are all suppose to be cakewalk later on when you start doing maps.

As far back as I can remember, there were ground spikes in 2D side scrollers. Fall off a platform? Spike death.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
He was easy with eva dodge bow ranger around 2 k life and low eva still
In maps he's a fucking killing machine while summoning 50 skeleton archer on a 20x20 meter square.
Couldn't even stand still for shooting because instant death otherwise.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
DutchRudder wrote:
He was easy with eva dodge bow ranger around 2 k life and low eva still

Had similar char with around 7.7k ev and 2.5k life and was pretty easy fight. Just need to avoid those spikes and falling stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info