How valuable are the opinions of people who do not play the game as intended?

This is a topic that interests me. I've seen plenty of opinionated posts of people who is one major way or another do not play the game as intended.

It could be that they refuse to use instant-logout methods (methods which Chris has said the game is balanced around), it could be that they refuse to trade. It could be that they refuse to party.

How valuable are their opinions really to you and how valuable do you think they should be to GGG?

I think they should be less valuable to GGG than the opinions of people who actually play the game as intended.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I think I could come up with a decent response if GGG would come out with a report that details exactly how this game is meant to be played.
I don't think it's up to you to define "intended"... nor is it up to community consensus. It's up to GGG and they're not talking. So that leaves it up to the individual to determine the best way for them to enjoy the game.

Opinions which are given with complete disclosure as to how a person developed them are valuable, because GGG needs feedback from all sorts of people.

For example: If a person says "Merciless is too hard" and leaves it at that, his opinion is meaningless because he hasn't specified how he plays. The same person who says "When playing my first character, strictly solo in the HC league, using only red gems... I find that playing in merciless is too hard" the opinion becomes slightly more useful.

I really think what you're getting at is the question "What should GGG assume reasonable in a play style" rather than go after which players are more important than the others.

Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 28, 2014, 11:36:25 AM
"
mazul wrote:
This is a topic that interests me. I've seen plenty of opinionated posts of people who is one major way or another do not play the game as intended.

It could be that they refuse to use instant-logout methods (methods which Chris has said the game is balanced around), it could be that they refuse to trade. It could be that they refuse to party.

How valuable are their opinions really to you and how valuable do you think they should be to GGG?

I think they should be less valuable to GGG than the opinions of people who actually play the game as intended.

So you want to force me to party and trade? Is that it? GGG never said we have to do either of those. If it was mandatory its QQ time anyways.
^ this. As long as there's no statement from GGG this discussion is based on your opinion how you think GGG thinks this game is meant to be played.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I don't think it's up to you to define "intended"... nor is it up to community consensus. It's up to GGG and they're not talking. So that leaves it up to the individual to determine the best way for them to enjoy the game.

Opinions which are given with complete disclosure as to how a person developed them are valuable, because GGG needs feedback from all sorts of people.

They've talked plenty. They've stated that the game is balanced around alt+f4. They've stated that the economy is the most important aspect of the game. They've designed endgame mapping around trading and partying.

I do agree with that it is neither up to me or any general community consensus to decide how the game is meant to be played.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

They've talked plenty. They've stated that the game is balanced around alt+f4. They've stated that the economy is the most important aspect of the game. They've designed endgame mapping around trading and partying.

I do agree with that it is neither up to me or any general community consensus to decide how the game is meant to be played.

So you just made the thread to make people mad? Im outta here.
"
mazul wrote:

Hi
I don't do those and maybe that is why I fail at HC.
Can you clarify a bit on those exact topics?
AHK logout - what autoHotKey method do you advise? I read about these but I didn't install one since I thought they were a breach to the "3rd party program" rule.
Trade - I am generally poor. In Beyond, I don't have more than lets say 20 chaos worth of currency. Is there a good way to build currency before high level? I can't make it past low 40's so no maps or merciless for me. Don't have the currency to buy uniques that would enable half the builds, so my builds tend to.... well... suck.
Group - I grouped a couple times with random ppl but then people either act like a lose cannon or just walk around leeching XP. What do you advise regarding grouping? Group for the hard bosses (Dominus is the only hard boss I have faced).

Maybe these will solve my problems.... would love if you could drop your opinion on my "help request post" - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1022820

Thanks.
Breach build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772123
Money is money.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

No they haven't. These are your interpretations as to what they've said.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info