Masters -- Things you should know

After I struggled to find this info , I've decided to make the tests myself and post the info here for everyone to see.

1 - You can have a hideout without the master that gave you the hideout in it. ( Dismiss the master after you got the hideout and then you will have a hideout with no masters in it ). This implies that you can have whichever combination of hideout + masters that you like.

2 - You can have all 7 crafting tables in your hideout. Get the masters in turn, and take their crafting tables and then dismiss them.

3 - When you dismiss a master you lose the reputation that it has on the current level. You don't loose any favour after dismissing the master.

4 - If you make a daily quest with a master and dismiss the master and take him back, the daily quest does not reset :D

5 - You can change your hideout and you don't loose your items in the hideout. They go back in your hideout stash. ( including the crafting tables ). You don't loose reputation if you change your hideout. ( I don't know what happens if you have more items than the stash capacity )

6 - The crafting tables in your hideout level up when the master levels up. The master is not required to be in the hideout.

7 -
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Wazz72 wrote:
What I'd like to know is: if you choose a master's hideout (e.g. Tora) and later dismiss her at lvl 5 but keep the hideout, when can the hideout hold a third master? Does it happen when Tora is lvl 6 or when one of the masters in the hideout gets lvl 6?
I would bet the first is the right answer, but can anyone confirm?

It's still Tora's hideout. You need her at level 6 to have 3 masters.

8 -
"
cronus wrote:
typing /hideout in chat when in town should bring you to your hideout straight away. great for scripts to put on one of our keys of your keyboard or mouse.
typing "/hideout playername" brings you to the hideout of "playername". this is great if you often visit a friends or guildies hideout.

9 -
"
FrostfireAoE wrote:
To be able to do the Daily Mission from masters at or above level 4
you need a char with access to cruel difficulty in that league, or you can't enter the portal from the quest!
(the nasty thing here is, you have no problem clicking on the master's "Daily Mission"
menu entry, and he creates the portal to his quest, but without a char with access to cruel
in that league you are unable to enter this portal and to do this quest!)
Probably, at a higher master level, (which I dont know yet), you need a char with
access to merciless difficulty...

10 -
"
Fleshmarket wrote:
my piece about putting 3 master after leveling.
Had 2 tora and catarina, all except zana at 6lv, and was wondering how put the third ( when k tried to talk its still showed that i have no space), so i tried with haku to reclaim again his hideout and he appeared as 3, nothing was changed in the hideout setup.

11 -
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
When you have all masters at maximum level, you can do 7 dailies a day because there's no harm in losing reputation then. Dismiss 3 masters, invite the three others and do their dailies.

12 -
"
each master can only remove it's own crafted mods.
Source: level 8 eleron.

13 - The inventory of the masters is reset every time you level them up.If you have them in your hideout , the items reset every time you make a daily quest.

14 -
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Earthslug wrote:
question:
what happens to masters at league end?
they transfer along with char to perm?

You'll get the higher of the two.

15 -
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Pressing ctrl + r when in hideout edit mode and having an object selected will rotate this object by 90°.
Why this is not in the tip (circled i besides Edit lower middle of screen) is beyond me, since it is so useful.
This is the Internet and we have a saying, women are men, men are men and the little girls are FBI agents.
Last edited by karakay on Sep 1, 2014, 6:06:01 AM
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2017, 11:52:59 AM
nothing new in here ^^
What I'd like to know is: if you choose a master's hideout (e.g. Tora) and later dismiss her at lvl 5 but keep the hideout, when can the hideout hold a third master? Does it happen when Tora is lvl 6 or when one of the masters in the hideout gets lvl 6?
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
karakay wrote:
After I struggled to find this info , I've decided to make the tests myself and post the info here for everyone to see.

1 - You can have a hideout without the master that gave you the hideout in it. ( Dismiss the master after you got the hideout and then you will have a hideout with no masters in it ). This implies that you can have whichever combination of hideout + masters that you like.

2 - You can have all 7 crafting tables in your hideout. Get the masters in turn, and take their crafting tables and then dismiss them.

3 - When you dismiss a master you lose the reputation that it has on the current level. You don't loose any favour after dismissing the master.

4 - If you make a daily quest with a master and dismiss the master and take him back, the daily quest does not reset :D

5 - You can change your hideout and you don't loose your items in the hideout. They go back in your hideout stash. ( including the crafting tables ) ( I don't know what happens if you have more items than the stash capacity )

6 - The crafting tables in your hideout level up when the master levels up. The master is not required to be in the hideout.

Thanks! Very nice info, and most of it is new to me. Annoying lack of info on these masters.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
Wazz72 wrote:

It's still Tora's hideout. You need her at level 6 to have 3 masters.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
PaganDK wrote:
"
karakay wrote:

5 - You can change your hideout and you don't loose your items in the hideout. They go back in your hideout stash. ( including the crafting tables ) ( I don't know what happens if you have more items than the stash capacity )

Thanks! Very nice info, and most of it is new to me. Annoying lack of info on these masters.

The masters stuff is like sex, you gotta figure it out yourself how it all works.
Thank you for compiling this into one thread, it pretty much knocks down all the most common questions about masters.
HAIL SATAN!
Thanks, I was wondering about this as well. I am going to change my hideout later today and there is no official information available on how does it even work.

Thumb up
Just to be sure:

1) I have a hideout of Master X, but have dismissed X
2) I have a Master Y at level 6

Will changing the hide-out to Master Y enable a third master?
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Flapdrol wrote:
Just to be sure:

1) I have a hideout of Master X, but have dismissed X
2) I have a Master Y at level 6

Will changing the hide-out to Master Y enable a third master?

yes
This is the Internet and we have a saying, women are men, men are men and the little girls are FBI agents.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info