New Merveil is too strong

1. location is bad - ther is no places to hide (like before), she attacks you immediately after entering her "arena" (sometimes with famous last league spell - invisible ice rain)

2. fight is too messy - all screen is filled with different crap like tornados, minions, her daughter's spells and so on. and that's before player(s) do anything).

2. 75%cold res doesn't help (same with 85)

3. why act 1 boss should be so hard? it's start of a game if anyone forgot

actually all new fights ggg introduce are harder than old ones (new hellrake, new uniq map bosses, new fairgraves, now brutus and merveil and selfrepairing vagan, who is harder to kill than piety (former final boss, if you forgot)
this is sad

(all who love challenges go play new hc and enjoy "no reward regenlife bosses")
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Was easy on all difficulties for me. Most of the stuff is easy to dodge or does no dmg at first, only if you stay long enough inside. And all those spawns can help you with your flasks. Really, no big deal...only a bit laggy for weaker computers/connections.
It is simply a little more complex. You need to take the time to learn the fight. I'm assuming you are playing normal difficulty which means no penalty for death, so stick a portal up outside her room and just try and stay alive as long as you can, don't attack. That way you learn all of her moves, then start attacking whilst using your new knowledge to avoid her attacks.
Do the same for second phase, though I will admit it's a little hectic when she spawns the daughters it's nothing that isn't avoidable. honestly I think Brutus is way toughe. Again though it's just knowing the fight.

Maybe GGG could tone down her damage slightly but my party didn't have any deaths to her on day one of the league so it's definitely doable with little to no gear. I can see new players struggling with it but I also think the curve of difficulty is overall way smoother in 1.2.
"
Mithrandil wrote:
Was easy on all difficulties for me. Most of the stuff is easy to dodge or does no dmg at first, only if you stay long enough inside. And all those spawns can help you with your flasks. Really, no big deal...only a bit laggy for weaker computers/connections.

I personally feel it's far overkill for normal difficulty. Way too easy to get overwhelmed if you don't start with and aoe ability. Other difficulty's are fine though.

I seem to be taking a lot more physical damage now since the patch. I have about 7k armor/4k health and 500-~800 life/sec on my RF build. A white level 66 whipping miscreation takes 75% of my health in 1 hit (this is with a ruby flask active). I feel armor mitigation is not working or RF is causing some kind of calculation conflict.
I like the new challenge, plus that it will separate a lot of people in the 1 hour races(let's face it, the old Brutus/Merveil were way too easy aside from Bute's dsync problem.). You should try the new Necroplis Merveil if you think the normal game is hard. Also, the new Brutus in Dungeon is tough too when you're just stepping into maps.
Last edited by Sentracer on Aug 28, 2014, 4:33:49 AM
She is fine in normal, too. I introduced a friend to the game who had never played before, and she killed Merveil without dying or needing to grab cold resist rings. May be harder for a melee character, but I don't feel it's a bad idea to have more challenging act bosses. Vaal could also need some changes.

Hailrake's improved Glacial Cascade is probably a bigger issue for newer players than Merveil.
killed her already on all 3 difficulties in beyond and she wasnt a big deal for me (ofc i got 75res)

but im a bit scared of the merveil map version :D
New Merveil is fine.

Old Merveil - get cold resist, click on her, go grab a snack.
And Faigraves... I will be surprised if anyone ever died to the old version. Ever.
I haven't fought her on maps in the new league yet but I have fought her on Merciless with 15% cold resist. So she isn't nearly as hard as everyone making her out to be. I'd argue that the fight is actually fun now.

People just want a faceroll.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Are you playing in party? In party everything is easier

I'm talking about solo killinh her

Also how 15% res could be ok if i die in seconds from her ice rain with 85% (maelstorm map version)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info