Massive frame drops.

Getting random massive frame drops since the patch. What happened GGG. Desync and now this. Game getting worse playability while content expands.
agreed.

keep getting massive FPS drops and lag/desync-like symptoms when the latency graph is reading normal.
Same and long load times...
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
"
maLcious wrote:
Getting random massive frame drops since the patch. What happened GGG. Desync and now this. Game getting worse playability while content expands.

GET A BETTER PC
Im playing without any frame drop problem and its because my pc is good.
"
"
maLcious wrote:

GET A BETTER PC

I upgraded my PC case for 1100 euro a month ago and that mashine can handle games like Watch Dogs in maxed ultra details without any fps drop. Guess what, I have the same problem like these guys above you. Not to mention the insane high ping and random lagg spikes, and I have a very fast and god connection aswell.

I also party a lot and seems like everyone have the same problem. There are always people complaining, even in the global chat. Even in my guild, a lot of people have problems.

I noticed that this started when the 1st minipatch came out. I played 8 hours when the Forsaken Masters was launched, and I had absolutely no problems at all. Not even a desynch, all smooth. Now I cant do a map without typing atleast ten times /oos or get a random 500-900 ping from 20-30.

I watched some streamers today, and they complained about laggs aswell a lot.

So please keep comments like this for yourself if everyone knows that the problem is somewhere else.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Aug 27, 2014, 7:37:21 PM
Notice this as well.

Specific map loading times are just too long. Lightning skills are usually the reason for extreme fps drops. strongboxes can sometimes cause screen to freeze for 2 seconds. Seems like I need to buy a $3k+ computer now just to play the game reasonably....
the skills have never been properly optimized, things have gotten better over time but it's very far from perfect and my guess is the game will never be fully playable for a certain % of the playerbase regardless of the quality of their machine. it's by far the biggest shortcoming of the game.
"
GET A BETTER PC

Man I hate these types of ignorant responses.

I was playing POE just fine in the last 1-month race. I never had any issues with rainy zones or being in parties. Then 1.2 comes around and problems arise and we get people like you saying "GET A BETTER PC HURRRRR"

I'm glad you haven't had any of the problems that lots of us are having, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. They changed something that is affecting some people... and I guess they don't really give a shit.
IGN: Pockey
Last edited by Pockey on Aug 27, 2014, 10:22:54 PM
I get them as well, didn't notice it before the expansion...And all though my pc is a few generations back, it still packs a punch so I don't believe it's my pc...And ive also noticed sudden latency drops as well, along with sudden jumps. But when I do a speedtest and pingtest I get very good results, so idk! Only game this happens to me on, get no frame rate dips or latency spikes or drops in COD or WoW, along with a few other games...I guess we just deal with it like we do with dysync.

2600k OC'd (4.4ghz) LC'd CPU
Maximus IV Extreme MOBO
8Gigs Corsair Dominator RAM
680 Twin Frozr 2gD5/OC GPU
160gig Intel SSD
1TB WD Caviar Black HD
1000 Watt Corsair PSU
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Aug 27, 2014, 11:21:40 PM
Hey everyone,

If you are having issues can you please create a new thread? These issues can have multiple causes, and diagnosing them on a case-by-case basis can allow us to address your issues further. Feel free to post a DxDiag report in a spoiler tag in your thread, as well as any fixes you have attempted to rectify the issue.

@maLcious
Have you been able to play Path of Exile in the past? Do you play Path of Exile on the Steam Client or the Standalone Client? Can you please post a DxDiag report in a spoiler tag and try Verifying your Game Files?
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info