New Player Wanting to play.

"
Rampage for sure. There's a reason that the character creation process automatically assigns new characters to the current 'temporary, not hardcore' league. If you die, you stay on that league. You benefit from the 'Rampage' feature, which is a basic 'the more you kill, the more perks you get' concept. This is, in GGG's opinion, 'the' way to play the game if you're new.

Beyond is a temporary, hardcore league aimed at experienced players.

Hardcore is a permanent hardcore league.

Standard is a permanent, non-hardcore league where characters that die in hardcore leagues end up. No character in Path of Exile actually 'dies' -- they merely migrate to another league upon death if they're hardcore. There is, for short term races, a 'Void League', which renders a character unplayable (essentially 'dead') but that is only used during Race season. We're currently between race seasons.

Many players of the Hardcore leagues/styles will delete their characters upon dying, since they are no longer in the hardcore league, but not all. You have that option.

Please note this is just a brief explanation of the leagues. Others have sufficiently covered broader 'starting tips', although I'd add 'turn global chat off and just kill stuff for a while.'

Good advice other then I would add...DONT EVER TURN GLOBAL back on ever again.
Follow Charan's advice, new exile. Explore, experiment, collect loot and have fun!
I agree with the others-- just dive in and explore :) POE is pretty complex later on, but you are eased into it, and you get some opportunities to undo your skill choices and other things if needed.
and in that moment, i swear we were desync
I would actually recommend picking a build for a char you like from the forums - it helped me at the start to better understand mechanics of the game. Though i did make a couple of my own chars before that which didn`t end very well xD And use the PoE wiki, it`s awesome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info