PoE could be so freaking awesome..

.. but there are some major flaws.

Don´t get me wrong. I´ve spend hundreds of hours with this game and just as many Dollars for support. It´s one of the best games out there.

But just imagine a Wraeclast without:

Bullshit-deaths from desynchronisation. If i were a developer, i wouldn´t dare to call my game anything else but ALPHA if i still had a data-infrastructur which allows such major flaws to happen. C´mon, people are planning their build and playing-style around how to deal with technical issues, instead of, you know, actually game-related things. (I´ve tried to start a melee-character and there was a delay of more than a second between the screen-animation and the actual hit. Laughable. I honestly have no clue how people can play and enjoy that.)

Bullshit-deaths such as off-screen insta-kills from leaping mobs which chain-stun or chain-freeze you. I´ve used flasks with armour, stun-recovery, dispelling freeze and increasing max-resist.. still no good. Yeah, you could have been even more careful, more defensive, more over-observant... why do i play this game again? "Action" as in ARPG? Nope, just a bunch of pseudo-hardcore masochists. This game isn´t hard, it´s just flawed.

Technical issues regarding framerates and stuff. When opening a rare event chest or playing with other people, you know, elementary components of a game, the screen freezes; and even a second is enough to kill you. My PC set-up is good, so there is no issue on my end.

Major imbalances such as stun-duration and elemental-effect-duration based on life, even though you´ve chosen to go the energy-shild way. When going CI, those effects should be based on ES. No discussion, major flaw it is.

Anyway, an exile has to deal with that sh*t, so further on it goes..
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
Last edited by MinasMorgul on Aug 27, 2014, 2:06:12 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I Know the pain of Lil freez after opening a chest/box .. ;P Dysync only works mosty on targeted skills so just dont target mobs <lol>
Last edited by delixo on Aug 27, 2014, 1:45:45 PM
the freezes from opening boxes or lots of mobs spawning is from having a slow HDD. I have my POE installed on a SSD and i never freeze. just something to consider.
"
Souljasam wrote:
the freezes from opening boxes or lots of mobs spawning is from having a slow HDD. I have my POE installed on a SSD and i never freeze. just something to consider.

I recently made the switch as well, and the difference is very substantial. I'm now only afraid to open a strongbox if it has the "Freezes you on opening" mod.
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
"
Souljasam wrote:

This. Once I upgraded to SSD, I've never had any in game issues that OP mentions, other than desync, which we can't control. Now my issues with the game are not performance based, but balance based (ie. some monsters who do way too much damage for the content they are in, or masters' missions that are clearly not balanced for the difficulty they are in).
CI is already enough like life. Stun duration and status ailments should never be based on ES. I loathe auxium for that very reason.
Came back to check out new league and got disappointed.
I was really rushing through beyond , got to 73 @top100 ladder no low calls playing safe everything was fine and ofc died to server crash.
Since beyond is boring as fuck im quitting prbly for another year and wait for some technical upgrades ;(
"
Souljasam wrote:
Why should people have to purchase an entirely new setup just to have the game run as it should? The freeze needs to be fixed/optimized.
and in that moment, i swear we were desync
"
SkyPiglet wrote:
"
Souljasam wrote:
Why should people have to purchase an entirely new setup just to have the game run as it should? The freeze needs to be fixed/optimized.

While putting the game on SSD helps a lot, there should be some ways to address this in poe.

They could make a 64bit or 32bit large address aware version for those with large amounts of memory, and simply cache much more then they do currenly, which should reduce those "loading from disk" spikes, assuming this is actually such an issue.

But even then, I think there is an issue with lags in the game beside that. New Merveil Fight causes very suspicious FPS drops,as lag spikes love to occur in sewers for some reason. Vaal Burning Arrow explosions also cause fps drops for some reason.
I have literally never died to something off screen, except to reflect on a stupidly self cast GMP Vaal Spark, many chars, many builds, all the HC leagues, over 2 years.

Same story with Desync, never died to it on a character outside of racing or trying to rush act 1 nrml, I agree its a detractor, but in my honest opinion its easy to deal with.

FPS issues, however, I completely agree with. I play on a terrible laptop so I try not blame GGG, but after the recent expansions it has gotten much worse, after SotV Necros simply reviving mobs dropped me to 0 FPS for a half a second. What irks me the most is that GGG actually added rain to Crossroads after having plenty of feedback about the FPS problems rain causes.
Noblesse oblige
Last edited by Yidam_ on Aug 30, 2014, 2:36:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info