One shotted by a strongbox

There I was, A1M, more precisely in the map after brutus... I open a strongbox with "Casts ice nova", lightning warp away... The ice nova was unusually large, hits me, dead.

I had 2,4k hp, which I know is pretty low, but I wasn't having too much trouble even with bosses and Beyond suckers, but for sure I wasn't expecting this.

It's a funny way to die after dying at cruel Dominus with the previous char when he castes 3 totems on top of me (I actually mean ON TOP), in a way that I couldn't get out; well, I actually got away with leap slam, but the server sent me back into it.

Without anything else to say, I hope you appreciate my misery :D

EDIT: well, I don't even know those things names. Thank you.
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
Last edited by DnAngel on Aug 27, 2014, 2:16:32 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Did you tried to open a Shrine? I think it was a Strongbox or?
Yeah, the Ice Nova on strongboxes is a bit too powerful. I can understand why given that it does give you some time to get away, but...again...desync and rubberbanding you right back to it...same for Exploding strongboxes, too.
Yeah I don't bother with rare or magic strongboxes anymore due to ice nova.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
Actually just died to the same thing. I popped the strongbox and hit my whirling blades - made it across the screen before desyncing back into the nova and... boom shattered into bits. RIP at lvl 53 beyond (not high, but I'm a pretty mediocre player so I felt good about that).
"

You can identify them with wisdom scrolls. You don't have to skip all of them.
hahaha yes!!!! people thinking they can faceroll merciless lelz

S L O W E R
"
Jennik wrote:
"

You can identify them with wisdom scrolls. You don't have to skip all of them.

Yeah I know, I don't risk it right now because of the cost of maps at 96. I've died four times, now back up to 75%. I'm just skipping them all outright until 97.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
I did identify it and I rerolled to have an interesting mob (I don't what it was) + ice nova. I never felt I was in danger:

1º I thought I was far enough to avoid the damage;
2º Even hitting me, it would deal like 500, up to 1k damage... not 2.5+, that is insane for something like that.

"
ampdecay wrote:

Actually you can, if you have a party and are willing to trade for stuff. Otherwise, you're screwed from A3C.
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
Last edited by DnAngel on Aug 27, 2014, 3:25:32 PM
"
DnAngel wrote:
I did identify it and I rerolled to have an interesting mob (I don't what it was) + ice nova. I never felt I was in danger:

1º I thought I was far enough to avoid the damage;
2º Even hitting me, it would deal like 500, up to 1k damage... not 2.5+, that is insane for something like that.

"
ampdecay wrote:

Actually you can, if you have a party and are willing to trade for stuff. Otherwise, you're screwed from A3C.

a party still wont save you from ripping to ice nova from a strong box, happens to my guild mates all the time because they think they can faceroll even in a party.

I just laugh and keep going saying "I told you so" over and over and over lol
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info