Vaal Pact - How does this keystone work?

"
micxiao wrote:
i use bloodseeker claw, the benefits of vaal pact with no drawbacks or reduction :D

Except the relatively low damage of the claw at higher content levels. ;)
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/810698

"
The way leech applies to the player has changed. If you leech additional life while currently leeching, it no longer queues after the current leech. Technically, where multiple leeches are stacked, the largest one is used.

From the General Balance section

that doesn't answer much for vaal pact. you just linked how normal life leech works. does it work the same when you have vaal pact? Because a lot of people have the feeling the life leech basically gets turned into life on hit... with no documentation on how vaal pact works anywhere people assume that it loses the property of where only the highest leech is applied... this post did not help.
Come by my stream! I answer questions about builds and just general useful information!

http://www.twitch.tv/namtro
"
ortish wrote:
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/810698

"
The way leech applies to the player has changed. If you leech additional life while currently leeching, it no longer queues after the current leech. Technically, where multiple leeches are stacked, the largest one is used.

From the General Balance section

that doesn't answer much for vaal pact. you just linked how normal life leech works. does it work the same when you have vaal pact? Because a lot of people have the feeling the life leech basically gets turned into life on hit... with no documentation on how vaal pact works anywhere people assume that it loses the property of where only the highest leech is applied... this post did not help.

Think of it like this

Life leech normally is capped to leech at 20% of your maximum life per second, meaning if your life is 1000, and you do enough damage to leech 200 life back, you can only gain 200 life PER second from leech alone. So if you did enough damage to leech 600 life, it would take 3 seconds to completely apply to your health. The only way to improve leech is by LL gem quality, vorici mod, or cherrubims unique

Vaal pact turns LL into LGOH like everyone says. Basically instead of leeching only 20% second, there is now no cap on what you can leech per second, and it is applied instantly instead of over time. So say you can leech 600 life in one attack, instead of taking 3 seconds to apply, it's applied instantly, and your next attack does the same amount, within 1 second because you attack quick, you just now leeched 1200 hp in one second when it would take you 6 seconds to do that.

the disadvantages to VP are listed, 40% efficiency of life leech (if you had 10% LL its now 4%) and no life regen, so any life regen nodes are useless to you
"
raizhi wrote:

Think of it like this

Life leech normally is capped to leech at 20% of your maximum life per second, meaning if your life is 1000, and you do enough damage to leech 200 life back, you can only gain 200 life PER second from leech alone. So if you did enough damage to leech 600 life, it would take 3 seconds to completely apply to your health. The only way to improve leech is by LL gem quality, vorici mod, or cherrubims unique

Vaal pact turns LL into LGOH like everyone says. Basically instead of leeching only 20% second, there is now no cap on what you can leech per second, and it is applied instantly instead of over time. So say you can leech 600 life in one attack, instead of taking 3 seconds to apply, it's applied instantly, and your next attack does the same amount, within 1 second because you attack quick, you just now leeched 1200 hp in one second when it would take you 6 seconds to do that.

the disadvantages to VP are listed, 40% efficiency of life leech (if you had 10% LL its now 4%) and no life regen, so any life regen nodes are useless to you

I understand how life leech works, I want to know how vaal pact works with area effect, because life on hit would apply every hit with life, but life leech has a cap of the highest hit giving you the life, so how does that work then with vaal pact, vaal pact never says it gets rid of the mechanic of the highest hit life leech or the stack of the life leech, so I would like to know more about the stacks/highest hit for area effect, because even if it is instant, it could still have a stack, and thats what I would like to know.

Like if I want to know more about the mechanics of normal life leech and what happens with vaal pact, a lot of that information is missing on the wiki about area effect with vaal pact. A lot of people think it just turns it into life gain on hit and makes area effect leech off of every hit with one attack, but vaal pact never says anything about getting rid of the stack and never says anything about getting rid of the highest hit target getting leeched off of.

So if a dev could tell me if vaal pact breaks the fact of having life leech capped with area effect.
Come by my stream! I answer questions about builds and just general useful information!

Vaal Pact = plane damage builds with leech.
Acuity = crit ''.

And both works great.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
Not sure why you're so hung up on this AoE thing. That only matters without instant leech because your leech rate is capped, and the game take the best possible scenario (highest damage hit). Take VP and it doesn't matter. Every hit gets leeched instantly, period. AoE has no bearing on this. All damage is leeched instantly, that's all there is to it.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Not sure why you're so hung up on this AoE thing. That only matters without instant leech because your leech rate is capped, and the game take the best possible scenario (highest damage hit). Take VP and it doesn't matter. Every hit gets leeched instantly, period. AoE has no bearing on this. All damage is leeched instantly, that's all there is to it.

Hung up on what? Wanting a good place to have a reliable source of information about a node that gets questioned constantly?

And it does not say anywhere on the wiki, the node or on the website about area effect getting full leech because it is instant. Just getting something that says you get full effect from vaal pact would just be nice.

even if it was instant, does not mean there couldn't be a stack based off of the hits, vaal pact never says anything on the skill changing how leech works with area of effect. even if you had 100% effectiveness from leech, your leech would only be based off of your highest hit currently.

Like whats really wrong with wanting valid information from a dev based off of the area effect of the leech, I understand how leech works, and you guys just keep talking about how leech works, im asking how leech works with area of effect AND VAAL PACT. It would just be nice to have information available about vaal pact and how it interacts with area effect and life leech from a dev, because they know the coding in the game, they know how it works in and out.

Last edited by Paleshape on Sep 2, 2014, 3:12:30 AM
"
ortish wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:

Hung up on what? Wanting a good place to have a reliable source of information about a node that gets questioned constantly?

And it does not say anywhere on the wiki, the node or on the website about area effect getting full leech because it is instant. Just getting something that says you get full effect from vaal pact would just be nice.

even if it was instant, does not mean there couldn't be a stack based off of the hits, vaal pact never says anything on the skill changing how leech works with area of effect. even if you had 100% effectiveness from leech, your leech would only be based off of your highest hit currently.

Like whats really wrong with wanting valid information from a dev based off of the area effect of the leech, I understand how leech works, and you guys just keep talking about how leech works, im asking how leech works with area of effect AND VAAL PACT. It would just be nice to have information available about vaal pact and how it interacts with area effect and life leech from a dev, because they know the coding in the game, they know how it works in and out.

I cant give you an exact references, but i can tell you from my experience (I made VP Flameblaster), that all the leech in the AoE is applied.

Why do i know this ?

Well, if i get 400 per hit with Flameblast and i went down to ~2k life: after the Flameblast is hitting 9 or 10 mobs my life is full again (6k life pool). I hope it helps at least a bit.

Also, this is exactly the purpose of Vaal Pact. It removes all leech caps.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Astarte911 wrote:

I cant give you an exact references, but i can tell you from my experience (I made VP Flameblaster), that all the leech in the AoE is applied.

Why do i know this ?

Well, if i get 400 per hit with Flameblast and i went down to ~2k life: after the Flameblast is hitting 9 or 10 mobs my life is full again (6k life pool). I hope it helps at least a bit.

Also, this is exactly the purpose of Vaal Pact. It removes all leech caps.[/quote]

Thanks for this post, I do believe you too, I just want a confirmation from a dev that it indeed works this way, it is not that I don't believe you, but I would like a resource I can come back to when explaining things to people about vaal pact. Thanks for the information.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info