Why Self Found is Fine: 7 Days of Progress

"
pengant wrote:
"
Scorched wrote:
I am not really sure why you are all trashing OP for showing you his self found progress. He farmed he got the drops, most of the stuff he has equipped is just serviceable enough.
What proof do you need shown to believe that self-found is doable ? Maybe if you get your uber end game items drop from the sky then you'll believe it. The point of what he is showing is that you can make a decent build ,self found, that doesn't need (insert super rare unique here),6l or mirrored rares to work and do good. As he said if you aim for 6l/super rare unique build from scratch you are destined to fail.

What an idiotic response.

People are trashing the OP because he's not just trying to show his gear, he's trying to claim that self-found is fine.

Maybe it is fine, maybe it isn't. But it's quite insulting to intelligent people when someone makes this type of claim using 1 source of data.

Where this guy gets lucky RNG and claims its fine, someone else gets no drops whatsoever and claims self-found is not doable.

So yeah, start making these claims when you've analysed about 10000 players and maybe there will be some evident trend.

Your point is interesting because there has been discussion in this post that has made the point that you do not need gear to run a spellcaster build... I have argued for quite a while now that self-found is a viable way to play this game. When I can reach maps on any build I choose in 3-4 days there really isn't an issue.

The better discussion to have would be to compare party play to solo play.
Last edited by majesw on Aug 28, 2014, 8:14:39 AM
YOU DROPED A MIRROR ???

AHAHAHAHA

I seriously suggest you start trading my friend
Last edited by LiberAlley on Aug 28, 2014, 8:40:12 AM
"
TiltedAxis wrote:
Not saying you're shit because you died, and not trying to sound elitist, but for someone like me hardcore is the only thing that I find appealing, and if you can't self-found properly without dying than its not viable -- which I believe was the whole point of your post?

I too don't want to sound like a dick but trust me, plenty of people play SF in HC. Me for example.
When you trade, you change your idea of what a 'good' piece of gear is. I could link you my SF gear knowing that you would vendor it as "trash". But I'm able to run maps and farm with it etc.

Playing SF, I believe, expands your knowledge of the game (and limits it in other areas such as trading obviously) but one thing is for sure, it makes you a better player when it comes to gearing a toon.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
majesw wrote:
"
pengant wrote:
"
Scorched wrote:
I am not really sure why you are all trashing OP for showing you his self found progress. He farmed he got the drops, most of the stuff he has equipped is just serviceable enough.
What proof do you need shown to believe that self-found is doable ? Maybe if you get your uber end game items drop from the sky then you'll believe it. The point of what he is showing is that you can make a decent build ,self found, that doesn't need (insert super rare unique here),6l or mirrored rares to work and do good. As he said if you aim for 6l/super rare unique build from scratch you are destined to fail.

What an idiotic response.

People are trashing the OP because he's not just trying to show his gear, he's trying to claim that self-found is fine.

Maybe it is fine, maybe it isn't. But it's quite insulting to intelligent people when someone makes this type of claim using 1 source of data.

Where this guy gets lucky RNG and claims its fine, someone else gets no drops whatsoever and claims self-found is not doable.

So yeah, start making these claims when you've analysed about 10000 players and maybe there will be some evident trend.

Your point is interesting because there has been discussion in this post that has made the point that you do not need gear to run a spellcaster build... I have argued for quite a while now that self-found is a viable way to play this game. When I can reach maps on any build I choose in 3-4 days there really isn't an issue.

The better discussion to have would be to compare party play to solo play.

Not needing gear is completely different to finding gear by yourself.

That's certainly interesting that spellcasters don't need gear to be viable, but unrelated to what the OP was saying. OP's point is 'look at all the shiney stuff i've found by myself, that must mean everyone else playing self-found will be equally as successfull' - Which as i've explained is complete and utter rubbish.
"
pengant wrote:

That's certainly interesting that spellcasters don't need gear to be viable, but unrelated to what the OP was saying. OP's point is 'look at all the shiney stuff i've found by myself, that must mean everyone else playing self-found will be equally as successfull' - Which as i've explained is complete and utter rubbish.

OP doesn't get that. Also hardcore gameplay is fine in standard, but guess what, we have separate hardcore leagues, no reason what so ever not to have sfl as well, plus some ppl want ladders for sfl as well.
After reading this post I feel like I just watched someone jerk off to themselves in front of a mirror. Funny thing is I read the whole thing without stopping. I learned something about myself today. Thanks OP.
"
pengant wrote:

I read his post to mean that self-found is viable.
I didn't read it as "look at my shiny gear".
Apologies.
"
LiberAlley wrote:
YOU DROPED A MIRROR ???

AHAHAHAHA

I seriously suggest you start trading my friend

The mirror it's a trap. It's in Hardcore league while the rest is Rampage.
Another quality ZAP! post.
"
Septile wrote:

Yes, if one were so inclined they could. Without trading however, it might take anywhere from 2x to 5000x longer.

This is true indeed, but we're not working on an infinite time assumption. People have limited time (especially for games). So let's just say that effectively it is very unlikely to get where trading could have gotten you in a decent amount of time by playing self found.

"
Septile wrote:
Wanting to min-max and refusing to trade is a paradox to me, any person who tends towards min-maxing would take advantage of every resource available to them. Limiting yourself and then getting frustrated as a result of that limitation is your own fault. If that limitation would lead to frustration as it makes your goals seem unattainable, then you either adjust the goals, or remove the limitation. It's called adapting, you do it or you drift from place to place being miserable.

This I would agree with, if it wasn't for one thing. GGG can easily introduce a self-found league which would make the SFL crowd overjoyed while not bothering any one else in the process. If making an SFL required a shit-ton of time consuming coding etc etc, I would be in the same boat as you. It doesn't though, so I really don't see the point of arguing against it.
ign: ecogen
Last edited by ecogen on Aug 28, 2014, 12:22:19 PM
"
RockGod wrote:

Repeat your experiment with a Melee guy and see how that goes for you.

hi, 2H sword guy here.

it's not going well AT ALL.

i just hit merciless, trying to play self-found, and it's pure suffering.

self-found is shit in this game.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Aug 28, 2014, 1:22:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info