Why Self Found is Fine: 7 Days of Progress

"
ecogen wrote:
@snorkle

So much bullshit in your post that I don't even want to begin to reply to it. I've made some pretty clear points, backed them up with numbers. Now if you wanna delude yourself that what I said isn't true you go ahead, cba arguing anymore. Let's just agree to disagree.

Your points have fallen short of having any meaning or relevance to the actual game, you are the one whos deluded and talking bullshit, everyone who knows what theyre talking about can see it.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
ecogen wrote:
@snorkle

So much bullshit in your post that I don't even want to begin to reply to it. I've made some pretty clear points, backed them up with numbers. Now if you wanna delude yourself that what I said isn't true you go ahead, cba arguing anymore. Let's just agree to disagree.

Your points have fallen short of having any meaning or relevance to the actual game, you are the one whos deluded and talking bullshit, everyone who knows what theyre talking about can see it.

Eh, I'll just use one example to prove how out of touch you are.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

yeah but ur slightly deluded here in that 99.9999% of people who trade will never have a 4 top affix GG weapon either. They have the same chance in hell that a self found player has.

4 months of less than casual play can give you enough currency for a mirror by doing domi/map runs with basic iir/iiq maybe even less if you find a decent party. And you compared that to a 10year+ grind required to get something remotely similar to a mirrored item by playing purely SF. So yeah.... I think it's quite obvious who the deluded one is.
ign: ecogen
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I will just say a lot of your post is throwing wild assumption around, especially at my knowledge of the game based on my last character that I leveled or how much time I invested in leveling him witch you dont know. You are trying to validate your posts in saying that people that complain about drop rates and progression do not know to play and as with most assumption they are wrong at least in my case.

The fact is do you know or not know the game doesnt matter at all when it comes to drop rates and how they are balanced. And this game is clearly not balanced around self found, anyone can see that clearly comparing the game to other arpg games that actually have balanced drop rates for self found players. I am not even gonna start to talk how character customization in this game is much more item depending than in any other game, with combination of low drop rates it just makes it a lot harder to get good items.

And last thing trading is not harder. Nor does it need any skill, it needs minimum knowledge of what items are good and how orb function. Managing your stash with 1 or 100 items is not skill, its just time consuming and boring because GGG did not fleshed out the trading part of the game even if the game is so much focused on it. There is nothing hard except manual work in you look at a item and putting it in stash and spamming the chat saying WTS this and that. If you think that is hard, or that there is some huge knowledge needed for that or even better skill, than I have nothing to comment with you anymore and we can just agree to disagree and stop this mindless posting

I suggest you to go play some game like titan quest, sacred, torchlight, hack go even play d2, and compare them to this game. Get a pen and a paper, and write down, how much time you played, how much upgrades you got, how much time did you need to farm to progress and similar.

There is a reason why so many people complain about drop rates, desync, trading and similar things.

When GGG is trying to make a game around a economy, the game can never, I will repeat never have balance drop rates and progression around self found. There is nothing more to it. You can accept that or not, you can think all other people are noobs or they dont know to play this game, it will not change the things how they are. The moment you go to any other arpg forum (including this one), you will see two comments path of desync and path of trading. Those two comments describe one of two bigger problem PoE has. You acknowledge it or you don't.

I already wasted too much time here and I did not intend to do so.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Sickness wrote:

But just to clarify: the abyssmal drop rates of uniques is the by far biggest problem with self found and why I dont consider self found to be fine.

the drop rate isnt abysmal though. Ive vendored at least 10 searing touches, endgame uniques are common as muck. There are a small number of extremely rare endgame unique items. Yes theyre hard to find but if you actually played endgame semi efficiently for 1000 hours you would be extremely UNLUCKY not to find one, unthinkably unlucky. Were less than 2 weeks into rampage and my guild leader is lvl91 and hes found at least 5 strong endgame uniques, he hasnt even played 100 hours yet. Hes not lucky, thats fairly normal.

Anuhart in this thread has played the game for 5000 odd hours. Yes thats a long time, he has a 6 link shavs, 2 kaoms hearts, 2 crown of eyes, more lioneyes than he knows what to do with, hes got multiples, sometimes many multiples of the vast majority of endgame uniques. It didnt take him 1000 hours to find 1, for every 1000 hours hes found dozens upon dozens of them, so many that he vendors them.

During Nemesis league I farmed the entire way from level 84 to 85 by MFing Piety with around 300% IIR and 70% IIQ. I did nothing else for that entire level. It took me close to a week (played time was maybe a third of that). I didn't get any of the strong uniques to drop that were possible to drop there.

Also, 5000 hours for 2 kaom's? Do you even realize how much time 5000 hours is? That's almost two whole years worth of full time work. That could literally be worth tens of thousands of dollars (or even more if the person is qualified or lives in a more wealthy country).

I have put at least 1500 to 2000 hours into this game, I've got a Tabula to drop twice. Twice. (And the second one was a few days ago.) I've spent a large chunk of my time even MFing bosses. Sure, I can understand that I'm less likely to get a super unique to drop since I tend to not MF there but Tabula isn't one of those.

The game doesn't even really start before level 65. Everything up to that point can essentially be done by almost anything (in terms of build/gear).
@Aelloon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info