The Downfall of Zombies and Spectres in late game

"
Emphasy wrote:
in higher maps the simple combination of Alchemists + Evangelists kills them in seconds. Again the only way to survive is Evangelists. Even with Necro-Aegis and Saffels, which gives them awesome spell-block they die fairly quickly. So even if we are ignoring summon raging spirits the only other option are evangelists and thats it.

No matter how we have geared them up, they are capable of resisting heavy damage for few seconds if not a minute in ultimate high end maps.
Spoiler
Without hundred exalts build, such build with Spectres alone are worthless in 77, 78 and Atziri.

It also worth mentioning that, Spectres seems to be more useless than Zombie in end game contents. Once they are dead, you can't resummon that specific minions at that instance.

Even before that point, I still feel the Snapshotting era is still around where I need to find that specific corpse for Spectre-ing.
Spoiler
Its cheesy, troublesome and time consuming to find my "Weapon" at other zone.

How could GGG just buff 13% more HP for zombies as a balancing from the elmination of snapshot?
Spoiler
I am not QQing about the lack of buff because of the snapshot gone, but I am trying to point that in end game content, such buff has no use at all.
It still requires a heavily geared summoner char to be able to do ultimate end game contents.
Zombie and Spectres undoubtly the failed skill in 1.2 as of now.
Every so called summoners are taking SRS to compliment their summoner build.
Where is the sole neccessity of Spectres and Zombies?
What is their main role now? as DPSer, a tanker, expensive gearing summoner but still fell far behind Summon Raging Spirit?

Please GGG, put some thought about it and try to readjust the states of Zombie and Spectre.
Spoiler
Unlike every player with pride have mentioned that Summoner are face rolling every end game content, none of them able to prove it themselves or without a build requiring hundreds of exalts worth. There is always a pointing at one single player only to refer as a success of Zombie and Spectre everytime this issue is surfaced. A legit proof of success with hundreds and hundreds of exalts just to maintain the survivability of the char and summons?
Meanwhile, there is an easy feat for all of that of few exalt builds with SRS for every players, achievable and shown in many Build Guides section.

I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
Last edited by bunnyxian901 on Aug 27, 2014, 3:06:36 PM
SRS was added so summoners have something to do besides resummon their army.

The fact that it's now staple in summoning builds is a good thing.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:

Is it safe for me to assume you never play summoner with Zombie and Spectres in lvl77, 78 and Atziri?
Zombies and Spectres died like no tomorrow with the summoner required to keep resummoning them even with all the top notch gears and gems for survivability,
how in the world you assume they have time to summon raging spirit?

Even so, you are stating and generalizing a big sentence to all summoners;
You are required to have SRS in your summoning build regardless.
Please get more serious without slamming few lines of sentences based on the success of other SRS build without a proper understanding of Zombie and Specters build.

I am underlining the issue where SRS are in anyway more superior than other summoning gems, which is heavily taken into the build of summoning build.
There are some summoner who do not like SRS as it does not feel like a summoner, more like a spellcaster DPSER.

If you are just another SRS fanatism and do not give a damn to the state of affairs of Zombie and Spectre, please refrain yourself from commenting relaxing lines here in this thread.

Last edited by bunnyxian901 on Aug 27, 2014, 3:31:39 PM
"
Autocthon wrote:

oh god , no , no its not , adding a minion that acts like a homing missle fireball spell and then having it be the dominant minion is truely awful.

what the hell is the point of being a summoner if your end game build is what amounts to spamming fireballs ?

i cant even fathom why raging spirits are spells anyway , that is crown of eyes level of op. Im gona abuse it because im tired of using the weak builds.

but make no mistake this is the wrong path for summoners.

i wont even call SRS players summoners anymore , because they arent.
I like Skeletons. They go shamble-shimble with them bones~<3
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

oh god , no , no its not , adding a minion that acts like a homing missle fireball spell and then having it be the dominant minion is truely awful.
what the hell is the point of being a summoner if your end game build is what amounts to spamming fireballs ?
i cant even fathom why raging spirits are spells anyway , that is crown of eyes level of op. Im gona abuse it because im tired of using the weak builds.
but make no mistake this is the wrong path for summoners.
i wont even call SRS players summoners anymore , because they arent.

Exactly.
Since SRS is basically focused on casting glass cannon balls, its really more like a spellcaster than Summoner.
Maybe different players have their own opinions, so lets keep it that way.

Well Summoning Raging Spirits basically replaced Arc exspecially in reflect-maps for my summoner (because due to reflect I can't recover Es -.-).

It is fairly useful for this and is able to direct minions around walls something Arc can't do.

The funny thing though my unsupported SRS already does crazy damage and it I would make a 3l with Increased Duration and Spell-Echo I would propably get fair results considering how cheap it is.

But to be fair in most fights I can't summon that many spirits. Desecrate, Flesh/Bone Offering and Convocating my Minions out of AoEs already can be a full-time job. Crematorium-Boss was... well it took some time and the advantage of zombies is that they can fight will you just run around dodging stuff. And if they die (and right now they are dying) you just resummon them.

I think I beat the boss after resummoning my whole army 3 times. The boss-room luckily is big enough to do this. So yeah SRS is cool, but in situations where the new weaker summons actually start to get problems SRS won't do anything because you are busy somehow keeping them alive, resummoning them or run for your life.
"
The only other good spectres are Flame-Sentinels and Alchemist (well and those SRS-Necros^^), but that is only for clearing lower maps, because they have fantastic AoE-abilities... but for higher maps they are worthless.

Raging Spirits hit really hard at the moment. Anyway, as far as I can tell, some of the other summon AI seems to have been buffed, you should check them out. So far I notice Devourers are attack much more often than before. They used to rarely attack, but now they seem to be fairly aggressive.
"
Starxsword wrote:
"
The only other good spectres are Flame-Sentinels and Alchemist (well and those SRS-Necros^^), but that is only for clearing lower maps, because they have fantastic AoE-abilities... but for higher maps they are worthless.

Raging Spirits hit really hard at the moment. Anyway, as far as I can tell, some of the other summon AI seems to have been buffed, you should check them out. So far I notice Devourers are attack much more often than before. They used to rarely attack, but now they seem to be fairly aggressive.

you mean that one batch of minions that are under ground half the time?

i used to be a huge proponent of the perm minion build , but now i am seriously considering diverting some of my passives away from auras / minion life and getting increased duration and cast speed.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 28, 2014, 9:35:27 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Starxsword wrote:
"

you mean that one batch of minions that are under ground half the time?

i used to be a huge proponent of the perm minion build , but now i am seriously considering diverting some of my passives away from auras / minion life and getting increased duration and cast speed.

Sigh. Same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info