So... I found a huge flaw in the game.

You can wipe maps easily by changing your main attack. Let me explain... Say you choose arc, now enter map. Now pay attention to monster attribute they are now ele resist or lightning resist. Now change to melee or to another element of attack. Easy wipe... Don't believe me try it.

In a sense almost like snapshotting...

Edit: there are ways to also manipulate the map, for example you can purposely tone down your fire resistance, you will notice monster variety use fire attacks. Now equip your fire res items, Phoenix shield, you're a tank now.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Aug 27, 2014, 10:57:23 AM
WT..? What are you talking about? :P

English, please.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
I am a giant lobster
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
solwitch wrote:
You can wipe maps easily by changing your main attack. Let me explain... Say you choose arc, now enter map. Now pay attention to monster attribute they are now ele resist or lightning resist. Now change to melee or to another element of attack. Easy wipe... Don't believe me try it.

yeah, I've been abusing this for a couple months, thanks a lot for making a thread :(

It seems that the magical attributes of magic/rare monsters takes your main skill into account when it spawns the map...

similar thing happens when rolling maps if you pay attention. I now remove gear when rolling maps
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Aug 27, 2014, 10:53:39 AM
Note to self: Invest in tin-foil.
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but what is a "main skill"? I have 3 skills/spells bound to my left, right and center mouse and auras/curses to my QWERTY keys. When you say "Main Skill" do you mean the skill/spell that's bound to the left mouse click?
Last edited by B00urns on Aug 27, 2014, 10:57:12 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Note to self: Invest in tin-foil.

I know it sounds crazy, but try it...
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
kolp wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

yeah, I've been abusing this for a couple months, thanks a lot for making a thread :(

It seems that the magical attributes of magic/rare monsters takes your main skill into account when it spawns the map...

similar thing happens when rolling maps if you pay attention. I now remove gear when rolling maps

if this were true then why don't I see more physical resist mobs?

RNG is RNG
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
demivion wrote:
"
kolp wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

if this were true then why don't I see more physical resist mobs?

RNG is RNG

Because when you're melee it takes into account your resistances. So don't open the map as melee but rather as caster. Trust me it works...

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Aug 27, 2014, 11:00:12 AM
I'm not crazy, perhaps GGG can shed some light on this? I was just bored out if my mind one day trying out skills, than bam... Who knew.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info