Experiences with Arctic Armour After Patch

How y'all doing with the skill? Seems like the mana cost associated with the skill had not been changed at all, while mana regen nodes on the passive tree got NERFED to hell.

Anyone successfully able to run a level 20 AA?
I Got trouble with that gem although I've got a guild member who can run a 20/20 AA so it is possible.

I run a lvl 17/20 AA and cant keep it up even with 230+ mana regen :(
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
"
PaladinSMD wrote:
I Got trouble with that gem although I've got a guild member who can run a 20/20 AA so it is possible.

Uhhh...I'm using a 17/20 AA and I can sustain it with 213 mana regen. You only need 200 mana regen for the moving cost, so unless you're playing a wander or something that's using up 230 mana per second while standing still you can sustain it.
Working fine for me. Not quite at level 20 (17) yet, but I still have more mana nodes to grab and hardly any regen on gear.

"
Weslie wrote:
"
PaladinSMD wrote:

Uhhh...I'm using a 17/20 AA and I can sustain it with 213 mana regen. You only need 200 mana regen for the moving cost, so unless you're playing a wander or something that's using up 230 mana per second while standing still you can sustain it.

He probably grabbed inner force or something
Last edited by sharkh20 on Aug 27, 2014, 3:33:06 AM
Tell that to my char. Lucky I'm playing flicker strike so only need to walk short distances and mostly walk back to collect loot so no mobs hitting me there :p
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
leveled up a ice crit witch in rampage (now level 69) on my playing account and at no point i was able to sustain the mana costs when moving despite taking eldritch battery and running clarity and discipline (all at level 16-17).

using ice spear with elemental proliferation, added lightning und lesser multiple projectiles in heavy fights also often results in the skill shutting down because of no mana.

i probably have to change my passives or spec more into energy shield to get arctic armor running because the only 4 link with reduced mana support already has discipline, clarity and herald of ice which is pretty mandatory for this build.

so i can either chose to have more damage with herald of ice or run arctic armor for more safety.

yeah, the game is about making decisions or getting regret orbs and change your build ;)
Last edited by cronus on Aug 27, 2014, 3:51:30 AM
I run lvl21 AA + Inner Force with 300~ mana regen. It's still doable just need to invest into mana regen.
Level 22 Arctic Armour with Inner Force and all the "increased buff effect" nodes here at 375 mana regen.
"
PaladinSMD wrote:
Tell that to my char. Lucky I'm playing flicker strike so only need to walk short distances and mostly walk back to collect loot so no mobs hitting me there :p

If you can't handle a level 17 AA with 230 mana regene then you have inner force cluster and other buff increases. Those nodes will both increase the damage reduction AND mana drain from AA. That's probably why you can't sustain it
thx for the hint with inner force, it's not that far away for my char and should solve the mana problems, maybe i can even get rid of discipline.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info