Sooo Granite Flask...

Where are they? I've leveled up 2 characters to 60+ on Rampage yet have never got these to drop.

Did they change the drop rate or make them undroppable or what?
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
"
Fangs wrote:
Where are they? I've leveled up 2 characters to 60+ on Rampage yet have never got these to drop.

i've gotten one of each before 50
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
"
TheEnforcer wrote:
"
Fangs wrote:

i've gotten one of each before 50

I've only gotten jades :/ Guess rng isn't with me in utility flask, as long as I know they're droppable though that's cool, thnx.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
They're a potential reward from Captain Fairgracves in A3 IIRC as well
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Today I got an "extra utility flasks" chemist strongbox which dropped three granite flasks.
Last edited by shadowscion on Aug 26, 2014, 8:31:40 PM
Took me a char lvl'd to 70 and a new one to 50 to get a granite. But I did manage to get a jade pretty early and had iron reflexes sooo yeah.
I've played since CB and have found a grand total of 4 granites.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
You can get them by side quest in merciless (or cruel) in act3 docks. Of course just one :/
It's probably just the RNG, but I also got to lvl 68 without seeing any granite flasks (but every other kind).

Fairgraves in Act III merciless isn't much help for a HC evasion based character who needs at least one granite flask for merciless Vaal, but there is a direct purchase recipe for one (ruby/iron skin + sapphire/iron skin + topaz/iron skin = granite) which is what I used.

Sad story: I was so happy to breeze by merciless Vaal with minimal rock damage that I forgot to switch out my granite/iron skin flask for my quartz flask or put back in my cold resist rings. In a moment of mind-numbing, late-night stupidity, I identified and opened a yellow ice-nova chest sitting right outside the gates of Sarn. Bam! off to SC heaven...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info