PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

2 row stash tabs

once you had second row tabs then people will want more rows, 3rd, 4th row etc, then it will run out of space, break up the entire UI layout and design... eventually. It doesn't fix the problem. people like me have few hundreds gems still cannot find where it is.

a highlight search box with auto save tab position is the real fix.

I can see I will end up buying 50+ tabs soon and I am too lazy to tidy up and organize my stash there is just simply no place to start doing it -__-! (everthing mixed up in different tabs all full :S )
"
cynthiaswill wrote:
once you had second row tabs then people will want more rows, 3rd, 4th row etc, then it will run out of space, break up the entire UI layout and design... eventually. It doesn't fix the problem. people like me have few hundreds gems still cannot find where it is.

a highlight search box with auto save tab position is the real fix.

I can see I will end up buying 50+ tabs soon and I am too lazy to tidy up and organize my stash there is just simply no place to start doing it -__-! (everthing mixed up in different tabs all full :S )

search bar would be awesome solution as well but some1 said it will break the "magic" of game and i agree with that :/ so this is where idea of 2 rows began
fuck my english is bad
i like games ))
"
cynthiaswill wrote:
I like the old school type of stash with space management always being crucial in classic ARPGs, change it into a ebay listing style simple break the whole feel to it. But I do feel very inconvenient when I want to find a certain gem or item in my stash, I have 25 tabs and 3 full tabs of gems!!

Have you considered arranging them by type like you do with other equipment?
I have one tab for weapon based gems, spaced into ranged, hybrid, melee, melee aoe and lastly a utility block. One tab for spell gems, spaced into traps, regular spells, totems, and minions. One tab for support gems, spaced into buff style spells (arctic armour), auras, curses and true support gems. Within these blocks, they're ordered alphabetically and then by quality and level.

This is what it looks like for me. http://imgur.com/a/G77zg

"
cynthiaswill wrote:
It is very difficult to organise items in categories coz they come in all different shape and sizes. like when I started I use tab 1 fore currency tab 2 for gem tap 3-5 for two handed weapons but soon I find out weapons take so much more space and they drop a lot more often too, when I run out of space in 1 category I mix that item up into other catergories... eventually I gave up tidy them up / organising. now all my items are mixed up and really hard to tidy them again.

Have you tried splitting those categories up by levels as well? I do have two tabs each for 1h and 2h weapons, and the different sizes are a bit problematic especially with bows. But as you usually don't replace weapons at every level, especially later on, you don't have to keep too many of them around either. Maybe you keep weapons with different affix combinations suited for different builds and could split them up into elemental vs physical as well.

I don't do trade either, so I kinda understand where you're coming from.
Yet I'm not sure I like a search box either, for the same reasons you mentioned. It feels too much like an Amazon style warehouse, and it's probably safe to say that our characters don't have that.
The drop down menu in combination with the possibility to use the mouse wheel to scroll, naming the tabs and arranging them into groups based on priority or item type helped a lot.
Last edited by Revy_Slan on Aug 27, 2014, 1:07:57 AM
Nice clean stash you have Revy! =)

I guess if you are an organised person and always dump un-wanted trash to vendor / tidying up then it is organisable, but for my situation the whole stash already messed up and full just don't know where to start tidy them up. Maybe one day i ll buy some more tabs and considering a purge and tidying up.

when I said search box is not like amazon type of search, it is a simply highlight mechanism, just like the bank inventories in world of warcraft. when you type a keywords some items in stash get high lighted, but you still need to click the tabs and find your item in the stash. and still need to consider the room for space management. And it does not change the current stash look in anyway. so I don't think it would break the old school RPG feels.
Last edited by cynthiaswill on Aug 27, 2014, 7:50:30 AM
having a second tab row is a neat idea for players who just bought some tabs and don't want to scroll.

but it doesn't scale.

players with a higher amount of tabs currently need up to a minute to scroll one tab from one end to the other. it's a pain in the ass, really.

that's why i like the tab-group idea and i would like to somehow drag & drop tabs between them.
I am always in favor of better QOL and organizational features. I would prefer folders, and tabs. Sorting your stash into folders (displayed first row) with stash tabs contained within each (displayed second row).

There will still be cases where players just have so many tabs they still have to use the drop down box and scroll through it, but for most common stash interactions this would place all things right up front.

I would even buy premium folders that I could rename and re-color, because it'd be such a huge QOL improvement ^-^
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
cynthiaswill wrote:
when I said search box is not like amazon type of search, it is a simply highlight mechanism, just like the bank inventories in world of warcraft. when you type a keywords some items in stash get high lighted, but you still need to click the tabs and find your item in the stash. and still need to consider the room for space management. And it does not change the current stash look in anyway. so I don't think it would break the old school RPG feels.

Wow, that's a pretty neat idea actually!

Regarding dumping items into the stash and organizing them later... That's usually what I do when playing with friends, because doing it right away would keep everyone waiting. When cleaning those up, I generally split them into separate tabs for weapons and armour, maybe even by rarity, and get rid of the largest items first.
Last edited by Revy_Slan on Aug 27, 2014, 9:14:42 PM
It would great, if there were buttons/keys to shift the row for a full stash screen window to left and right (+/- 10 tabs?)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I have already proposed most of the ideas here, like year ago.
I was basically laughed at.

So I man up, the present design is hardcore and will remain hardcore, GGG likes it that way
Is there a way to have the dropdown menu on the right side default to being open?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info