AOF+Holy fire+Heart of flame question

i am currently working on a scion AOF bow build. I am wondering if such fire damage nodes like heart of flame and holy fire adds up to the 50% converted fire damage hitting for more or does it not count since it is only the 50% of X damage that counts?
Last edited by AidonX on Aug 26, 2014, 8:27:21 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Adon wrote:
i am currently working on a scion AOF bow build. I am wondering if such fire damage nodes like heart of flame and holy fire adds up to the 50% converted fire damage hitting for more or does it not count since it is only the 50% of X damage that counts?

I assume you're trying to kill things by igniting them.

There are two aspects to dealing ignite damage:

1. The damage done to the initial hit

2. Any modifiers you have to fire damage over time ('burning damage' is shorthand for 'fire damage over time').

For maximum burn, you need to work on improving both aspects, because they effectively multiply with each other.

Let's say you're using Burning Arrow. The skill itself converts 50% physical -> fire and Avatar of Fire converts the rest, so none of your physical damage will be wasted.

Modifiers like 'bow damage', 'physical damage', 'fire damage with weapons' and so on will boost the initial hit. (Purely physical damage bonuses are OK because they still apply when the physical damage is converted to fire.)

Modifiers like 'burning damage' and 'damage over time' will increase the burn you get from a given amount of hit damage.

Modifiers like 'fire damage', 'elemental damage' and 'projectile damage' with no further qualification will boost the initial hit *and* the burn. So these are the best kind of passives if you can get them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info