New To Maps, Unfamiliar With Multiplayer - How To Get A Map Party Together?

Well, the title is pretty much it. I've been playing PoE a long time, but usually solo, and usually only through the end of Merciless then making a new character.

This time around, I built a (currently Level 66) Fire Totem-user that just wants to keep killing! Level 66, 67, and 68 maps are no problem with average mods, but I bet I could do even better with a group.

Earlier today I went to the social panel in Merciless (does the Soc panel span difficulties?) and was immediately flooded with "WTB" and "WTS" parties, and nowhere could I find a group mapping, or even doing Merc Docks. Am I missing something? A filter possibly? Or do you just have to know people who want to run maps?

Thanks for any info/suggestions about this subject!

PS: Heck, might as well - anyone also new to mapping looking to run some, post here or get up with me. IGN: Kakinuri
Last edited by duckfin on Aug 25, 2014, 9:51:02 PM
Public board is always spammed with WTB-WTS but there are always map parties also there. I'm sure if you wait 10 minutes you will find one. If you have your own maps you want to run then just make your party in public board (named it something like: 68 MAPS - FREE) and other players will join you in a minute. I leveled all my characters to 90+ this way so believe me there are always map parties there.
There is a search option, at the top.
Once a group fills up or when someone leaves the group, the party is no longer listed.
There is an option - if you are party lead - to make the group private, also. Some will do this after starting a map, to prevent a new-comer from joining once they've made it to the boss.

Just search "map" and see what's happening.

Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
"
slatra wrote:
There is a search option, at the top.
Once a group fills up or when someone leaves the group, the party is no longer listed.
There is an option - if you are party lead - to make the group private, also. Some will do this after starting a map, to prevent a new-comer from joining once they've made it to the boss.

Just search "map" and see what's happening.

THANK YOU!

I'm not sure how I've missed this search bar... I must be blind.

This helps immensely - again, thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info