1.2 Ice shot crit+pierce build

Hi,

Newish player here trying my hand at make an Ice shot build with crit and pierce. Not very familiar with everything so I wanted to throw it up here and see if anyone has advice on what I am missing. This is intended for SC.

I started this with the shadow in mind, but remade it using duelist, ranger, and scion. I currently have a level 40-ish shadow with a similar build. The Scion ended up getting most of the stuff 3-4 points earlier, plus I haven't played with her yet. If this turns out good, I will try to document the skills I take as I level and make a more complete guide.

Passives

Gems
Spoiler

Main:
Ice shot + LMP + Pierce + Crit + LGoH/LL + ?
Single Target:
Tornado Shot + LMP + Crit + others
Supports:
Haven't thought about this yet, but Enfeeble or Enduring call
Auras:
Nothing here yet.

Build:
Spoiler

1-15

16-45: I used clarity for mana regen until I could get enough mana leech to support ice shot. I think 4% leech for these early levels is enough, especially with flasks to fill in for the longer fights.

Spoiler
Last edited by Seefo on Aug 28, 2014, 8:22:19 PM
Hey--I'm currently playing an Ice Shot Scion at level 82 on Rampage. I think shadow is probably the best for this build but I went Scion anyway just because I like her XD. I've picked up almost 150% HP and I'm sitting at 3.6k HP with mostly average gear so you may want more than what you currently have. I'm doing Ondar's/Acrobatics at the moment but thinking about switching to a lightning coil with IR, haven't made up my mind yet though.

If you want to check out my version of the build and see a video of me running a map with it, here's the link.

Mine
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1008746
Thanks for sharing. I picked up a few bits from your build, but unfortunately I don't have Pyre and probably won't get it any time soon.

Once again, I ended up dropping the lightning damage passives because they weren't very effective in the overall for DPS. If anything there is a better 30% lighting node close by that you could go for. I am not sure if that improves the chance to shock by more than the shadow's lightning node and 5% shock it gives.

I noticed you have a number of elemental damage nodes, which I think would be better of physical nodes. Since your elemental damage is based on the physical and Ice shot only converts 40%, the physical nodes end up being better. I think the cut off point is about 8% physical to 20% elemental (for ice shot specifically).

Care to comment? did i miss something?
I'm not really sure why you would want lightning damage nodes since this is a fire/cold damage build--you are likely to have zero lightning damage on your attacks. If you're just getting it for the 5 percent shock chance, well everything you attack will probably be dead before it ever gets shocked.

As far as saying I picked up a lot of elemental damage nodes, I think you might have been looking at someone's build other than mine, which is almost 100% physical nodes. Here's the link for it.
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA8pebXUrIWlKomrXybqoyCXJsbEapbjGepldN4_6PNZLYvRUgKk0_JyU_q9LajSzpwTOGziF2W6_dDfzFoJ9v8jnUd9dW-taKfytRRzB8puB_AjKU2caVBcqpXWia8QiJ1CMFtY2_OkJLeN2oMHF9ddN-73rEorvj_rr-yKfU3BUx-nb3Sn2HdmegTZIj9o19_94k_edUKlvC7FLstMVsjGKsnao2Pac0wJzjhLVIbWxwUioL8-ofQQYjYeImlRa_Ax6MNlVL_5OwkqLZUdmw2OcKCpt466Sx5Y4Rgd1GY6eCXg==

Also pyre costs 1 chaos so get one :P
Lightning nodes was in reference to using added lightning damage as a support with ice shot. I think the added damage is too low though.
Oh, yeah, I believe the best supports for Ice Shot with this build are: LMP, Faster Attacks, Fire Penetration, Projectile Physical Damage, and Pierce assuming you are using drillneck.
Going to update the build shortly here, but early yesterday I grabbed Tornado shot to try it out and wow, I gotta say its great. The aoe damage is completely not consistent, but the single target DPS with LMP is amazing. Sheet DPS is lower than ice shot, but the actual DPS is definitely higher for single/low target.

Whats nice is avoiding those + Elemental nodes works out for Tornado shot.
Last edited by Seefo on Aug 28, 2014, 1:02:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info