Does quality actually affects chance on high socket linking?

Does the quality on a weapon or armor actually affects the chance of getting a higher linking between the sockets?
Give a man a fish, and you can feed him for a day.
But give a fish a man, and you can feed it for a month.
I have some anecdotal evidence that it does:

I 6-Socketed my Belly in 14 Jewellers. I crafted it to 20% quality each attempt.

I then 6-Linked it in ~60 fuses. I also crafted it to 20% quality each attempt. Never got a 5L in any of those attempts, just straight to 6L.

Now that being said, I've never made a 6L (or even attempted to) in my years of playing POE. I just decided that since this would be the first time I'm trying such a thing that I would go all out and use my Armorer Scraps (I had been collecting them since I started playing and they were just sitting in my stash not doing anything).
Last edited by Shmez on Aug 25, 2014, 5:20:41 PM
Quality gives a bonus to upper end socket and link chance, which is why it gets consumed.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Man and i just threw 200 Fuse in my carcass Jack without quality it each time -.-
"
Autocthon wrote:
Quality gives a bonus to upper end socket and link chance, which is why it gets consumed.

Could you support this "theory" by offical and 100% accurate information? I think that this is just a myth, tried that myself and it seems it doesnt change anything
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Aug 25, 2014, 8:34:50 PM
"
Does the quality on a weapon or armor actually affects the chance of getting a higher linking between the sockets?
Yes
This is not a myth. It was part of the update information several patches ago. Then again I realized it would be considerate of GGG to write down this effect on whetstones and armourers so that noobs who join this game in the future will not take forever to find out.

Read the grey text.
So thanks guys. In the future i will quality my carcass jack before using another fusing...if i just think about the fact that i could already have a six linked one....
Last edited by ThePathOfExile on Aug 26, 2014, 12:27:42 AM
Never understood why there´s no explanation on how much chance more is 1% quality. Logic would apply the easiest answere is 1% quality is 1% increased chance for gaining a link but i doubt that.

Every orb description could be "It does funny things" and the information gain would be literally exactly the same thing.

Well w/e
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info