Low FPS in arias with *Rain* after 1.2

snort.
IGN: Pockey
Last edited by Pockey on Aug 26, 2014, 11:46:28 PM
"-Improved preloading of game assets to remove some small stutters during gameplay."

When I read this I was happy that game is now even more smooth but that wasn't what happened.
Right now I have more stutter than I had before 1.2.

I get random 120+ to 0 fps drops time to time and then there is 120+ to 30-40 fps drops and stays there awhile then back to 120+ fps.

I have reinstalled game once that didn't help.
Game is installed to HDD. I have SSD. I can install game to it if someone can confirm that helps.

Specs:

i7 2600k
8GB ram
AMD 290 GPU (Tested drivers 14.4 and 14.7 RC3 both have same result)

I always had the rain/weather-related massive frame drops when I played on a laptop (650M, 750M), but since I threw together a desktop (just for playing PoE!) with an older 570 GTX, I have zero problems. This is with the Steam client, everything maxed out. It's not a general problem (except on laptops).

If you didn't have problem before, it may have to do with the ATI drivers.
"
Helionova wrote:
I was using the steam version and reinstalling with the original client solved my issues.

I switched over to the regular client today (both were installed on a SSD) and it helped a little bit in a solo game. My FPS only dropped to about 30 from 60, but it once I got near some mobs it got pretty laggy.

Just now I joined a group for a Catarina quest on Docks and as soon as we got near some mobs my FPS managed to bottom out and I almost died... again.

Instances without rain are fine as always.
Last edited by Pockey on Aug 27, 2014, 2:20:30 PM
Yes, I have posted this in another thread already, but just to bump it:

Also happens to me a lot. Areas are Twilight Strand, Crossroads, Docks, Barracks, Imperial Gardens. Definitely the rain. Lowering the graphics options does not help - my GPU is bored to death, CPU at max load. Started happening in 1.2

Pls fix x(
BUMP

same issues
never had much trouble with rain, a second or 2 of fps drop rite after a zone with rain loaded than it was fine

forsaken masters comes out and i crash on load into any zone that has rain almost 75% of the time

it hogs the cpu so hard it takes 1-2 mins for CTRL+ALT+DEL to respond

CANT EVEN EMERGENCY LOG OUT in a HC league since the cpu is screaming its ass off

updated video drivers = current
updated dx = current

nothing works

assigning the game a specific cpu = nothing different
elevating priority = nothing

oh and since its rain maps THANKS A LOT FOR ADDING RAIN TO CROSS ROADS,,,,,

give us the option to shut off ambient video effects
UPDATE

Someone told me to try turning off "Post Processing" in the options and it seems to have helped me. I still get long load times in rainy areas but the FPS doesn't crash like it used to, even in party games.
Last edited by Pockey on Aug 31, 2014, 3:02:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info