Alkaizer Groundslam Marauder 1.2

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecEsw4UDjwUIBRNFPYWbxiRGS4Z6Ro4IQIhNCFVJKonLyftLPsxnjIJMok0jjWSNug26TkOOlI64T38TeNQR1BUUeZUC1RJV-JYY1ivWfNfP2DEZp5r2WwWbEZybHKpeA17jHzZgziGO4cZjM-QVZ7Fn8uiAKSsplenMKeEqWipbqlzrKq0L7XyvJ_AGsEExtjLQ9i92WHeweNq45_kUel87DjvDu988B_yL_JF9kj60vxL_gr-j__T

Similar to my Nemesis setup, the last league I participated in. Damage has seemed fine up to 76 maps as well as survivability as long as you play smart with flask usage.

Magnate for flask uptime since Rumi's and Max Resists are so powerful. If I continue to play for a few more days my setup would change but this is what it looks like at about 50 hours played in game.

Defense: I don't think armor or molten shell are necessary, I would rather run vaal grace or vaal immortal call for map bosses and emergency situation. Tree has a lot of flexibility and is very condensed to have more stacked damage and life. I feel elemental damage is the only thing that can kill me hence why armor and iron reflexes seem pointless to me.

Offense: 25k 4L HS and about 18k 5L GS with pretty terrible gear. I would use Ming's heart and probably run bloodrage if I had them.

I think belly of the beast would probably fit pretty good in this build just for more health pool. You need to get Dex on gear, which is pretty annoying but you do have a lot of spare passive points so you can allocate for more Dex if you really feel the need.

Red circles are flexible nodes, increased skill duration for immortal call and vaal immortal call/vaal grace, Catalyse is good damage for 1 node, templar life regen node, the path towards duelist area is very good around level 90, high damage wheel and life and can eventually bleed into duelist tree from Executioner. Also you path by all endurance charge nodes.

I haven't played this game in a while but as of right now I am #1 marauder in beyond with about 2 days of game time played 1 week into the league so I feel this build has a good curve and is very strong if played properly. Understanding incoming damage and your build's weaknesses is the key to it's success.
Images show what you can do with the extra passive points.
http://i.imgur.com/u6y3VVk
http://imgur.com/PfWecNb
Did you start off by taking the starting big points of armor and life into blunt instrument first or did you go into the damage atk speed into resolute technique?
straight to resolute
did you go oak, oak, kill all?
I'll try this build out. I ripped my level 50'ish GS marauder a couple days ago.
He went Oak, Kraitlyn, Oak.
Tried this build with my full respec I saved up.

level 74, have everything but 2 points of the tree

Here's my gear, let me know if anything I have is bad or easily replaceable.
Thanks.

are you going for bloody bludgeon next?

is unwavering for 3 points really necessary? you give up 5-10 chance to evade, and you could grab 2 +max endurance charges for 4 points instead of the 3 for unwavering, plus you'll have more armor in the future and won't be stunned as much

im only lvl63 right now so im not too sure how good unwavering is? i like the rest of the build though. solid passive choices.

also, path of the warrior is a waste of a skill point IMO
Last edited by Firedrop on Aug 26, 2014, 2:21:19 AM
"
woolly_wizard wrote:

Here's my gear, let me know if anything I have is bad or easily replaceable.
Thanks.

those gloves are easily replaceable. also, you should try to get a faster mace. 0.9 is ungodly slow.
annnd the link to the passive tree is broken now :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info