Looking for a good Glacial Hammer build...

Good idea. Once this toon gets more established with gear leveling, I think the nuances of the build will be ironed out and something definitive can surface!
What do you guys think of using the ice tomb chest?
So here's what I'm trying out, only at a1c but on paper this should work. Gems are like this roughly (copied from a note I made)

Glacial Hammer - Multistrike, Melee Spash, WED, Added Fire, Faster Attacks - R-R-R-R-G CHEST

Reduced Mana, Tempest Shield, Clarity - 3L

Shield Charge, ??? , faster attacks - 3L

herald of ice, reduced mana, ?? - 3L

Ice Spear, Elemental Proliferation, faster casting, GMP - 4L

Curses - Frostbite, warlord's mark, reduced mana, increased area/duration? 4L

Vaal ice nova somewhere

Build is

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbDjwRDxRNFHEWbxdUGF0aOBpsIoEkqiftKPopTzKJNuk5UkWdRtdMLVH5U1JT1FZKV-JYB1nzXcZgZWwWcql35XgvfNmBr4KbhxmLjI2CjjyPRpBVmuCboZ2unqGfAZ_LogCnCKeErJisqrEFtPm1BLiTuNC8N8Aa0eTaOtrd4XPjauQi6hjr7uw47MvtIPAf8f73MvfX-Ov8Sw==

Basically, frostbite a group of mobs, ice spear to freeze/chill them, charge in with shield charge and shatter them all with glacial hammer and herald of ice. Gearing I'm not sure about , and the build is rough cause I've never made a character by myself but I think this is gonna work
How is shield charge now a days? I haven't used it in over a year.
bump for more ideas on GH builds
"
Prasch wrote:
So here's what I'm trying out, only at a1c but on paper this should work. Gems are like this roughly (copied from a note I made)

Glacial Hammer - Multistrike, Melee Spash, WED, Added Fire, Faster Attacks - R-R-R-R-G CHEST

Reduced Mana, Tempest Shield, Clarity - 3L

Shield Charge, ??? , faster attacks - 3L

herald of ice, reduced mana, ?? - 3L

Ice Spear, Elemental Proliferation, faster casting, GMP - 4L

Curses - Frostbite, warlord's mark, reduced mana, increased area/duration? 4L

Vaal ice nova somewhere

Build is

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbDjwRDxRNFHEWbxdUGF0aOBpsIoEkqiftKPopTzKJNuk5UkWdRtdMLVH5U1JT1FZKV-JYB1nzXcZgZWwWcql35XgvfNmBr4KbhxmLjI2CjjyPRpBVmuCboZ2unqGfAZ_LogCnCKeErJisqrEFtPm1BLiTuNC8N8Aa0eTaOtrd4XPjauQi6hjr7uw47MvtIPAf8f73MvfX-Ov8Sw==

Basically, frostbite a group of mobs, ice spear to freeze/chill them, charge in with shield charge and shatter them all with glacial hammer and herald of ice. Gearing I'm not sure about , and the build is rough cause I've never made a character by myself but I think this is gonna work

Does ice spear do enough damage to actually freeze / slow enemies with this build? I only have low lvl gems but iv been working on getting a cold snap gem to my level.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/921271

Ungil + pref. Doryanis x2 and Hrimsorrow gloves. Twin terrors and via Scion life wheel to mara and temp 1 hand crit nodes.
With prolif you can make stuff freeze like no tomorrow.
"
Does ice spear do enough damage to actually freeze / slow enemies with this build? I only have low lvl gems but iv been working on getting a cold snap gem to my level.

Yeah it does. I changed that build around about 20 different times while figuring things out. Freeze Pulse without LMP tends to do a better job once it's levelled, and it casts quicker too
Hi i came up with this tree as a quick concept, I come from molten strike so I may have missed some great boosters to glacial hammer,
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0LYQz3FE0UUhT2Fy8ZLho4G8gb-iE0Jd8nLyftKaUyiTbpPAU9_EMxR35OKlHmU99V1lcNV-JYY1jbWfNeE14fXz9gS2DEZOdlTWaea9lsFm5pcql07XfleA15aHrvfNmApIM4hNmE74Y7hxmLT4zPkFWQdJuDnsWf36C0ogCkGaeErKqsr69stC-0-bZBvJ-9gb6KvqfAD8AawQTDhsWKxtjIzMzb0k3ZYd9v42rjn-RR55HnrunV7DjvDu9874_wH_MG9kj60vuq_Es=

Its a maruader tree but easy to change for templar.
You would run double aruas and double self buffs, eg grace or determination, hatred and tempest shield in alphas howl, herald of ice in doryanis supported by ele proliferation. With perhaps blind (or if theres a better support use that, on my maruader i have 5 mana left so no room for more mana multipliers)
6l chest is glacial hammer, blood magic, wed, faster attacks, multistrike, melee splash. Grab maybe a 1000 tooth temu shield and block is capped (i think). So i think 5 phys leech and 2 or 3 cold dmg leech. Again theres a lot i dont know, using a lvl 44 maruader i noticed ele prolif often didnt spread with the gem and hatred so I thought the doryanis and hoi would be adequate.
Anyway tell me what you think, its an interesting gem.
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 1, 2014, 12:43:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info