Looking for a good Glacial Hammer build...

...does one exist? I really like the concept of the skill.
I'd be interested as well.
this is the one i am going with.

it has 1 handed mace in mind but can easily be tweaked for 2handed mace or staves
Build
http://poeurl.com/yX8cdDB
IGN:Berserk_Button
Last edited by dcndnts on Aug 25, 2014, 12:19:12 PM
"
dcndnts wrote:
this is the one i am going with.

it has 1 handed mace in mind but can easily be tweaked for 2handed mace or staves
Build
http://poeurl.com/yX8cdDB

what is your gem setup like?
Glacial Hammer/Melee Physical/Multistrike/Splash/Weapon Elemental/ and then your choice of faster attacks or added cold for a 6link option
IGN:Berserk_Button
Nice.

Hmmm would cold snap work well? I'm thinking you snap a big group then just use GH on them to finish them off.
Im using this with a staff:

Passive skill tree build

I like it but i really need a 5 (or 6) link but sadly i dont have it. I dont play that much and people seem to want some crazy amount of chaos orbs for them.

Iv slotted glacial hammer + weap elemental dmg + melee physical + splash and it works pretty well, do mind the attack speed on staffs is pretty low but they do hit hard so they freeze for a good while.

Next im heading to the armor / health cluster below the templar start and will respec the dex nodes when i got enough of it / stopped using gems that requires it. (been experimenting with temporal chains and arctic armor).
I'm guessing temporal chains, enfeeble and enduring cry would be good on cast on damage taken for this.

Wonder how herald of ice would work with GH?
Last edited by Route1 on Aug 25, 2014, 4:14:05 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDjwRDxRxFm8XVBhdGjgabCKBJKon7Sj6KU8yiTbpOVI6WEGHRZ1G10wtUflTUlPUVcZWSlfiWAdZ813GYGVsFnKpd-V4L3zZga-Cm4LHhxmLjI2CjjyPRpBVmuCboZ2unqGfAZ_LogCnCKeErJisqrEFtPm1BLc-uJO40Lw3wBrR5Ni92jra3eFz42rkIuoY6-7sOOzL7SDwH_H-8kX3MvfX-Ov56PxL_go=

The build works well as 1h mace/shield combo. As was already noted, multi/splash/wed/glacial hammer/added fire/x.

I use coldsnap/trap/prolif as a ranged freeze/cc before shield charge in and shatter away. Pretty fun build and decent survivability once you get your freezes going. Dual curse is recommended for sustainability through warlord's mark and frostbite.

Use cold to fire with herald of ice for free damage, as there is no multiplier on the gem. Hatred and Herald are all you need really.

The real problem with the build is attack speed, so getting resolute technique and unwavering stance are very helpful in making sure you are attacking like a lumbering beast with to interruption (aside from chill/freeze).

The real glory of glacial hammer is the 1/3 shatter on freeze, as the synergy with herald of ice causes a chain reaction of exploding icebergs. Have fun with it.
Last edited by animuanima on Aug 26, 2014, 4:29:10 AM
Thanks man! We should use this threat to make an official community GH build...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info