Suggest some form of AoE for my tank templar

"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
No, lol... low level guy on Rampage. lvl 30 right now.

Why infernal blow? Few reasons. It works quite well with melee splash and HoA due to the chain reaction of enemies detonating. I like the immediacy of infernal blow, as opposed to waiting for the molten strike projectiles to land and (mostly) hit enemies. Also, I have previously made a molten strike character, and just didn't want to use it again.

Since the burning damage from HoA is your overkill, it probably works a bit better with a 2 hander... but hell... melee splash and IB are both low level common gems. Just give it a shot.

Just read about the Infernal Blow synergy with Melee Splash. Good stuff.
One more reason I use IB instead of MS.... I am also using Avatar of Fire, which converts 50% of phys damage to fire damage.

With MS, I would be losing half my damage. IB also converts 50% to fire, so nothing is lost.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
One more reason I use IB instead of MS.... I am also using Avatar of Fire, which converts 50% of phys damage to fire damage.

With MS, I would be losing half my damage. IB also converts 50% to fire, so nothing is lost.

I went AoF IB last night. Loving it so far. But what do you mean that half the damage is lost for MS? MS reads "60% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage." IB reads "50% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage." If anything, wouldn't only 10% be lost/wasted? Not sure how that works, but it's not half wasted as you state.
Last edited by Lenox2288 on Aug 27, 2014, 11:29:35 AM
Oh, thanks! My mistake, didn't realize that MS also did that.

Forget what I wrote.

Another advantage... no bodies to be resurrected with IB.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Aug 27, 2014, 1:58:08 PM
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
Oh, thanks! My mistake, didn't realize that MS also did that.

Forget what I wrote.

Another advantage... no bodies to be resurrected with IB.

You've already sold me on Infernal Blow! I much prefer it to Molten Strike for my Templar anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info