Suggest some form of AoE for my tank templar

my templar build

I'm level 56 and at the end of Act 2 Merciless. I usually group with a bow ranger.

My main ability is Heavy Strike + Added Fire Damage + Melee Physical Damage. It puts my single target dps at a little over 1,600. But I need some AoE.
Last edited by Lenox2288 on Aug 25, 2014, 11:02:28 AM
just leap slam trough them !
"
Phenixer wrote:
just leap slam trough them !

Good suggestion, but I'm using Leap Slam on my marauder and don't want to duplicate that playstyle. Know what I mean? Also, I have shield charge on my templar as my mobility move. So, I don't want another mobility move.

Any other thoughts?

I was thinking Ice Nova + Cast when Damage Taken + Elemental Proliferation + Iron Will. Not sure if the four of those will even play nicely together.
Last edited by Lenox2288 on Aug 25, 2014, 12:13:51 PM
Infernal Blow + Melee Splash

FlameBlast
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Aug 25, 2014, 5:44:11 PM
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
Infernal Blow + Melee Splash

FlameBlast

I like the idea of Infernal Blow + Melee Splash. I'll have to try that one out. Does this work well with Avatar of Fire?

Don't own Flameblast.
Yeah, thats what I am using now. Its a bit OP even, especially if you include Herald of Ash.

Although I am using a 2H, rather than 1H and shield... which helps with the overkill damage on HoA.
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
Yeah, thats what I am using now. Its a bit OP even, especially if you include Herald of Ash.

Although I am using a 2H, rather than 1H and shield... which helps with the overkill damage on HoA.

Is that on your level 83 marauder? And are you using a staff, 2H axe, mace, or sword?

Btw, why Infernal Blow instead of Molten Strike?

I just got Herald of Ash as a quest reward last night. I'll have to play around with it. I will stick with 1H scepter + shield though for aesthetic reasons.
Last edited by Lenox2288 on Aug 26, 2014, 11:54:40 AM
No, lol... low level guy on Rampage. lvl 30 right now.

Why infernal blow? Few reasons. It works quite well with melee splash and HoA due to the chain reaction of enemies detonating. I like the immediacy of infernal blow, as opposed to waiting for the molten strike projectiles to land and (mostly) hit enemies. Also, I have previously made a molten strike character, and just didn't want to use it again.

Since the burning damage from HoA is your overkill, it probably works a bit better with a 2 hander... but hell... melee splash and IB are both low level common gems. Just give it a shot.
You could try ground slam with increased fire damage and probably faster attacks/multistrike. It functions twofold, as you can use it to aoe or even at semi range if monsters are too dangerous up close.

For further information on that stuff, you could search for Alkaizers build. Hes putting out trmendous damage with Groundslam and he uses Heavy strike for single target as well.

If you go infernal blow, I'd say you may go for a supplementing curse too. Try Elemental Weakness. Its party friendly and will increase the fire part of HoA and Infernal Blow, as well as your archer friends elemental damage.
"
Kantarak wrote:
You could try ground slam with increased fire damage and probably faster attacks/multistrike. It functions twofold, as you can use it to aoe or even at semi range if monsters are too dangerous up close.

For further information on that stuff, you could search for Alkaizers build. Hes putting out trmendous damage with Groundslam and he uses Heavy strike for single target as well.

If you go infernal blow, I'd say you may go for a supplementing curse too. Try Elemental Weakness. Its party friendly and will increase the fire part of HoA and Infernal Blow, as well as your archer friends elemental damage.

Why not Flammability curse instead of Elemental Weakness?
Last edited by Lenox2288 on Aug 26, 2014, 5:59:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info