Beyond and Rampage mechanics should be switched.

"
Wooser69 wrote:
The 2 league system lets them test each new system separate from the other.

Or you could add them both and test on twice as much players.
"
Clocksimus wrote:

You are talking about invasion, and I am talking about Beyond. Maybe I wasn't clear before. Invasion 2.0" means is that mobs invade your instance and the general populace gave extremely negative feedback to that league. That league to the community was a failure. Personally I didn't mind invasion. It was pretty hard. Moving on. Beyond has received a similar wave of negative feedback from the populace and I don't like this league. I would rather play invasion again than this. BEYOND adds nothing to the game. BEYOND is unrewarding and inefficient. BEYOND is a bad idea.

If you are trying to tell me, that Beyond is as good as any of the past leagues in Hardcore were, and the base assumption for this determination is that "stuff is supposed to kill you" then why make Beyond in the first place. They have to design this game around the community, and most of the community can't or wont kill the beyond packs. If the Beyond packs are being ignored and run past then why not just make the league normal HC without them since they are being treated as such anyway. And if people are indeed killing these packs or going slower to avoid portals, then why have you pushed efficiency and speed for 3 years only to now push the opposite?

Congrats dude, you can kill Beyond mobs. So can other people. But the feedback shows you that even if people CAN kill them, that doesn't mean they are going to play the same league for 85 more days. If your stance was the correct one for the game, then GGG would not be implementing rolling changes to the league.
"
Clocksimus wrote:
I will end by saying this.

Rogue Exiles
Shrines
Strong boxes

Additions to the game are done in softcore league. If you want to complain about a league it should be done about Rampage.

Crap, I hadn't even thought about kill streaks making it into the main game. They're just so awful and gimmicky that I figured this would be it for them. Quitting a terrible league was easy. Quitting the game because it's infested with that same badness will be much worse. I'll still do it, but it'll suck.
"
Lachis wrote:
general populace

I disagree with this. Looking at numbers from the leagues invasion wasn't much different to nemesis.

The vocal minority on the forums did shout very loudly how much they hated it, but you have to remember, this is a vocal minority. The majority of the populace do not use forums or reddit, and statements like the above are just plain false because there is no evidence in either direction.

Sure, a lot of people quit because of invasion. A lot also played it more because they enjoyed the challenge. More didn't care and just played it cause they prefer HC. Beyond appears to be the same, some people really love it, some people really hate it, some just play it because its what they play.

Its like how people complain about how legacies are made and that they are terrible, and then the second crown of eyes is not becoming legacy, the forum instead fills up with threads about how it is so stupid that it is not becoming legacy.

People just complain, ignore them and don't consider the complainers volume (mass of posts) to be a representative of the in game majority
Last edited by Real_Wolf on Aug 25, 2014, 11:33:57 PM
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"
Lachis wrote:
general populace

I disagree with this. Looking at numbers from the leagues invasion wasn't much different to nemesis.

The vocal minority on the forums did shout very loudly how much they hated it, but you have to remember, this is a vocal minority. The majority of the populace do not use forums or reddit, and statements like the above are just plain false because there is no evidence in either direction.

Sure, a lot of people quit because of invasion. A lot also played it more because they enjoyed the challenge. More didn't care and just played it cause they prefer HC. Beyond appears to be the same, some people really love it, some people really hate it, some just play it because its what they play.

Its like how people complain about how legacies are made and that they are terrible, and then the second crown of eyes is not becoming legacy, the forum instead fills up with threads about how it is so stupid that it is not becoming legacy.

People just complain, ignore them and don't consider the complainers volume (mass of posts) to be a representative of the in game majority

Anyone that played into maps knows that Invasion population was much lower than the other HC leagues. It was easily identifiable by the amount of parites that were actually playing in endgame maps.

Let's be serious here, Invasion was a terrible league at the beginning, everyone knew it, and anyone arguing otherwise needs to get clocked over the head. Even Chris Wilson himself admitted that there was alot of bad stuff that should have never made it into Invasion, so I'm not sure why anyone is even attempting to defend how poorly balanced and tested Invasion was from the start.
Last edited by allbusiness on Aug 26, 2014, 7:12:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info