"Additional Accuracy" surprisingly helpful for minions?

I have very few support gems so I decided to put Additional Accuracy on my Summon Raging Spirits. I don't know if it's my imagination but they seem to be doing a lot more damage a lot more consistently.

Do minions tend to miss attacks? Could this be a good boost to a summoner like my character, or is it some kind of placebo effect?
DEXTERITY: How to rehaul it to be compelling
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/997273
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2017, 3:39:54 AM
"
Wolfpox wrote:
I have very few support gems so I decided to put Additional Accuracy on my Summon Raging Spirits. I don't know if it's my imagination but they seem to be doing a lot more damage a lot more consistently.

Do minions tend to miss attacks? Could this be a good boost to a summoner like my character, or is it some kind of placebo effect?

placebo , minions do alot of damage regardless once you invest into them.

for example a zombies base hit at say level 18 or 19 is about 2000, if you have all the nodes its 4000 , a minion damage gem and 6000 easy.

then add a melee physical ( a 3link zombie) and 8400 zombie slaps ... then lets add a hatred with uber buffs ... 8400 + 6000 cold damage (yeah uber buffed hatred) then add an ee dbuff so that the cold pierces ....

then add flesh offering for 40% faster attacks ... mauahahahahahahahahaah

anyway as you can see it doesn't take much to turn minions into damage machines.

if you build right you can easily get around 40 - 50k dps between like 10 zombies and 3 specters and there does come a point where you will lose dps against single targets if you have too many minions path blocking things.

but that is the fun of summoners, they are terrible till around level 40, but once you get the ball rolling , it really gets rolling
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 25, 2014, 9:37:41 AM
Interesting. I wonder if the weapons enchanted by using animate weapon can miss? Hmmm... But one would assume that linking an accuracy support to any skill gem containing the word 'spell' in the description would have no effect.
"
Interesting. I wonder if the weapons enchanted by using animate weapon can miss? Hmmm... But one would assume that linking an accuracy support to any skill gem containing the word 'spell' in the description would have no effect.

The same would be true for Melee Physical or Ranged Physical Attack Damage, but both do work on Minions (well depending on the minion).

And I did notice that minions can miss, but without the chance it is hard to tell if Accuracy is a notable boost.
I don't know, but I can just count every hit they do now and see the health drop, whereas before it was sort of like, damage every other hit almost.

I'm going to keep it in and do some more testing, but this is intriguing me.
In theory minions have the accuracy and evasion of their enemy mob counterparts. I would assume that means they have the rough average for a monster of their level, which would mean they hit relatively consistently.

On the other hand Additional Accuracy is an essentially guaranteed 85% hit rate, so if they have significantly lower than 85% hit rate natively it might actually be pretty good.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Are you using a low level SRS gem? I found that if you're in 66+ areas, they miss a LOT unless the gem level is 19+.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
My Raging Spirits is low-mid level gem.

Definitely noticing big improvement with the accuracy gem, even compared to "Added Cold Damage". I use my zombies mostly for tanking and my skeletons for backup, but my Raging Spirits are supposed to be pure DPS, so this is perfect for them. Interesting.

i think this is less of an issue , because people tend to stick their minions in + 2 helms or use empower , which causes said minions to be over the level of the monsters in most areas until maps .

so accuracy might not be a huge factor .
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
i think this is less of an issue , because people tend to stick their minions in + 2 helms or use empower , which causes said minions to be over the level of the monsters in most areas until maps .

so accuracy might not be a huge factor .

Having + 2 to a minion gem would only bump up its chance to hit from like 67% to 70% as opposed to additional accuracy which would be bumping it up to 88% chance to hit or something.

That is assuming that minions are at the monster level of the required level of the gem. I might be misunderstanding something.
Last edited by Initemp on Aug 30, 2014, 5:52:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info