Tornado shot is nice but..

"
Dreamytje wrote:
I want MTX for tornado shot :(

Gamers dont have patience anymore, too bad. GGG probably already works on effects for the new skills.
There's already anough crap flying around, why do you need to see more clutter? IMO its fine as it is. More bloated effects should be introduced only as MTX.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I don't think that it is unreasonable to want to see what my own attacks are doing. We are not asking for any extravagant effects, just better visible projectiles. Right now, I mostly see nothing coming out of that initial tornado shot.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
As much as i'd like for this skill to be visually more impressive, there is already craplot fo stuff happening on the screen during party play. I always thought that the arrows stuck in the wall was just a useless effect eating your cpu memory (and a real pain in small area). If a tradeoff can be made by removing those and having more pleasing bow skills I'll be the first happy.

Anyway I love tornado shot, first bow skill that I actually enjoy using (sniping and shotgunning those silly totems behind packs are great).
"
morbo wrote:
There's already anough crap flying around, why do you need to see more clutter? IMO its fine as it is. More bloated effects should be introduced only as MTX.

Tornado Shot has 3 effects.

The first is the tornado thing.
The second is the arrows that disperse everywhere.
The third are the left behind arrows that get stuck on the wall as you fire more. Unless you intentionally fire like a thousand times in a corner, then you get to see so much arrows left behind as seen in the picture.

Asking for improvement in visual trace/cue for the 2nd effect is not unreasonable. Have you really tried tornado shot?
Last edited by Shogen on Aug 26, 2014, 8:48:13 AM
I'm playing Tornado shot since legue start.

1.) the crapload of arrows lef behind are completelly unnecessary (same for all other bow skills)

2.) the arrows that shoot out of the tornado, could be considered shrapnel / flechette, and dont need any special effects (=additional screen clutter), since the player has no influence on their trajectories

3.) the only effect you really need to see to play it right, is the tornado itself, nothing else

imo, TS is visually fine
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
I'm playing Tornado shot since legue start.

1.) the crapload of arrows lef behind are completelly unnecessary (same for all other bow skills)

2.) the arrows that shoot out of the tornado, could be considered shrapnel / flechette, and dont need any special effects (=additional screen clutter), since the player has no influence on their trajectories

3.) the only effect you really need to see to play it right, is the tornado itself, nothing else

imo, TS is visually fine

Oh what rig are you playing on? Agreed with you on point 1. Just honestly curious, what's a wrong way of playing tornado shot?
"
Shogen wrote:
Oh what rig are you playing on? Agreed with you on point 1. Just honestly curious, what's a wrong way of playing tornado shot?

I'm saying that the visual cue of the secondary effect has no influence on your ability to propely land the shot - no impact on gameplay, therefore it's not important to enhance it visually. This game engine is already badly optimized and combat is a mess of effects.

I have no problems if they introduce a MTX with a more cool looking TS, though.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Hey just checked it out on someone elses pc and I see what you mean. They don't even have the default arrow trails. Thats a bug and itll get fixed.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Sweet!! Do you know when it will be fixed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info